Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Bad wind maybe silent reflux???

Bad wind maybe silent reflux??? Rss

My 3rd DD is 5 weeks old been on formula from 1 week old she is on lactogen, her wind is really bad. Nurses have tols me she shows all signs of silent reflux. I am wondering if anyone has had a child like this and if i shld cvhange formula? I am also using infacol drops in her bottle but I don't think they r helping at all.

Mumma of 3.

It couldn't hurt changing to a reflux formula to to see if it helps. My DD didn't have this problem but i'd actually be taking her to your GP about it.

I would change to an anti reflux formula, it's been a long time since I bought it but anything with AR in the label will do. DS was on it until he turned 12 months old and he had reflux quite badly.
Also, I'm about to take my DD2 to the GP as I think she has silent reflux too, and I'm going to ask him for a script for losec. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in but stops the burning when the milk comes back up and they are much happier feeders and it will also mean going to solids will work out much better for you when the time comes.

My DS suffered from silent reflux and was on medication (Zoton) until he was 25 months. Not sure about formulas as I breastfed but take your DD to the GP and they will suggest something for her to help soothe the pain. I know infacol works for colic but not reflux (mine son was also on that as he was colicy also)
Sign in to follow this topic