Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

kids always sick Rss

i have a 5 year old, 19 month old and a 7 month old,between us all we are always getting sick it goes in a circle. the oldest will get the flue than it will go around n my the time the last one gets the flu the first one has the runs and than that goes around.
We all eat healthy no additives and things like that.
the ones who can take vitamins take them.
but we all end up sick.
does anyone have any advice on how to control it.
was thinking of getting a air purifier?
I'm really not sure there is much you can do about it other than ensuring you're all eating well and being active. If any of the kids are in day care or before/after school care, then they are exposed to other kids and possibly more at risk. I think some kids are just more prone to colds than others. I would also make sure they don't have wet hair for extended periods and have enough clothes on particularly at night. Re the runs, make sure your kids wash their hands whenever they go to the toilet and when they come home from public places (obv not the 7mth old).

i have a 5 year old, 19 month old and a 7 month old,between us all we are always getting sick it goes in a circle. the oldest will get the flue than it will go around n my the time the last one gets the flu the first one has the runs and than that goes around.
We all eat healthy no additives and things like that.
the ones who can take vitamins take them.
but we all end up sick.
does anyone have any advice on how to control it.
was thinking of getting a air purifier?

Have you thought about the possibility of flu vaccines?

NSW

I think my kids share colds because they share food and spoons forks etc....share drink cups and so on, I tell them not to but they still do. I'm trying to get them used to using the anti bacterial gel throughout the day.

I hear you!!!!!! I have a 6yo, 2yo and 10month old. And we are in the same boat. My oldest goes to school (my other 2 stay home with me) he picks up all the bugs, and it goes in order every time! Him, hubby, 2yo, 10mo, me. Then a week later it's the same thing again.

I dread winter every year. It's torture!! My 10 month old currently has broncholitis which we're all just getting over and now she has it. Literally one bug, and 5 weeks later it's finally out of the house! ..but in that time, my 6yo has brought another home and it's the circle all over again....
Sign in to follow this topic