Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Blue skin around babies mouth???

Blue skin around babies mouth??? Lock Rss

I have noticed that the skin around my 4 month old babies mouth turns blue every now and then. Does anyone know why this occurs and is it something I should be worried about other than that she seems totally fine/happy.
Thanks smile

i know with newborns it is a sign of wind. that they need to burp.

could it be that? or possibly she is cold?

i know with newborns it is a sign of wind. that they need to burp.

could it be that? or possibly she is cold?

Thanks for your reply. I think it might be wind as for some reason I find it hard to get a burp up when I am burping her. Wonder why this turns the skin blue.

Mum taught me that this means wind. I remember that with my toddler.
Hey there,

Yes, definetly wind. My little boy had severe colic up until he was 4 months old and spent alot of the time with this blue 'ring' around his mouth/nose.

He is now 9.5 months old and on occasions, mainly after his night time bottle he will get the blue again, luckily now he will go off and play and do a huge burp and it goes away.

I often say 'oh, you need to do a burp for Mummy' and people will ask 'how do you know' and its from him having the blue and yep, sure enough he will do one and thats it.

If your baby isn't too bothered by the wind then I wouldn't stress too much, he/she will eventually burp it out. The only time it really is a problem is if they are uncomfortable and that can get stressful for everyone. Especially if it takes a while to get the wind out (we had many 4 hour episodes of screaming with colic).

Hope this helps.

Take care
Thanks everyone for your assistance. These things can be scary when your a first time mother and you have no idea about why your bubs skin has turned blue. I think I will now try and burp her longer than I have been to see if that helps. Luckily this has not caused her any distress. smile

Sign in to follow this topic