Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Tear Ducts Lock Rss

Hey everyone,
Just wondering when babies are meant to start crying with tears? My lil man is over 8 mths old and has never had a tear. All the other babies at mothers group have had tears for months but no matter how upset bub gets, he doesnt have tears! Do I need to see a doc to see if he has tear ducts?? It doesnt seem to be doing him any harm but just worried it might in the future...
thanks!!

Hey everyone,
Just wondering when babies are meant to start crying with tears? My lil man is over 8 mths old and has never had a tear. All the other babies at mothers group have had tears for months but no matter how upset bub gets, he doesnt have tears! Do I need to see a doc to see if he has tear ducts?? It doesnt seem to be doing him any harm but just worried it might in the future...
thanks!!

I would get a referral to an ophthalmologist. (Make sure it is one that deals with kids). May be just a blocked tear duct, which is commonly seen in babies.

Eve75

hmmm I heard some babies are born with working tear ducts as it seemed our newborn had tears in the hospital but DD2 and DD3 were app 6 weeks old.

thanks, think i might have to see the doc. just seemed kinda stupid, but thanks for reassuring me its worthwhile checking out smile

Sign in to follow this topic