Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Would you get a second opinion?

Would you get a second opinion? Lock Rss

Sunday dd2 got a hit on the head on the side by accident by her big sister it was a accident but she legged it to her room she new she did wrong!
I kissed dd on the head and it felt weird I touched it with my finger and it was a massive oval filled with fluid and soo spongy I broke down in tears as I panicked like crazy we took her up to the hospital mind you no doctors were open and our out patients doesn't have the best rep either sad
They said oh she will be fine and just keep a eye on her and the lump will subside...
It's been two days and the lump is still massive she is still the same old cheeky little girl doiing all the same silly funny things but her head is out of shape from the fluid in the lump.
Should I take her to the doctors tomorrow for a second opinion since the lump is not going down?
I would go for a 2nd opinion - you can never be too careful with head injuries - hope she is all fixed soon.

Hugs

i would definetly get a second opinion. My ds bumps his head all the time and ends up with lumps, but not spongy ones and they always go down that day. So i would definetly go and get it checked again.
goodluck
I would go and get a 2nd opinion. Just go you know what going on.

I would get a second opinion, but I assume the hospital told you the signs to look out for with concussion?

You can expect the egg to take a little while to subside. It'll probably go quite purple, and will slowly go down. Ice it if you can, even if it is a few days later.

I accidentally hit a friend in the head with a softball bat in highschool (long story), and he had an egg for two weeks, and this lovely blue/green/purple bruise that covered the side of his noggin.
I would get a 2nd opinion too, can't be too careful with head injuries

as it is concerning you and you have to ask; then yes. Its your precious baby and you can't be too careful. No harm in a second opinion.

Thanks ladies I'm about to call the clinic as they open up now felt her lump this morning and it has not budged in size she also had a rough night sleep I pulled her into bed with me and she would cry is she laid on the lump I'm in tears again as I hate seeing my little bub hurting.
I will post how we went today fingers crossed she is all good the doc at the hospital Sunday said he wouldn't do a xray as the radiation isn't good for her age she is nearly 8 months old.
I just got back from the doctors and they measured her head and poked it etc her head is very very swollen she cried the whole time the dr touched it he kept the measurements of her head as if we think it's getting bigger they will compare the two measurements.
I have to take her temp every few hours to see if her temp hasn't risen as if it gets near 37 degrees we are to rush her to hospital as a infection has set into the fluid.
It will take a week to go down!!!!!
I'm not allowed to have her near any kids that have colds as that might even affect the hematoma I think I spelt it right.
I'm still worried like crazy with her but this doctor was way way more thorough and very good with her even though she cried the whole time unsure
If any one has any ideas on how to help the swelling go down I'm all for it I have tried ice But she freaks out and screams I will keep trying I don't want to put her in any more pain. sad sad
Have you tried giving her Karicare Vitadol C, its a orange tasting liquid for babies, toddlers and children thats a combination of vitamin c, a and d. Vitamin C and A both help fight off infection and vitamin a helps the body heal quicker. It only costs about $10 a bottle, I started giving it a go a thew years ago when my son was having re-occuring ear infections and he hasn't had one since and I use it for sooo many problems that there's not alot docters can do for. Other then that try to let her rest as much as possible.
There is a natural cream called Arnica which is for bruising and swelling. The one I've got is homeopathic so should be safe for bub, ask for it at a health food shop or pharmacy. Hopefully she will let you put some on (you can also keep it in the fridge if she prefers it cold). Its about the only thing you could try apart from ice and time...

Hope she improves soon smile

Have you tried giving her Karicare Vitadol C, its a orange tasting liquid for babies, toddlers and children thats a combination of vitamin c, a and d. Vitamin C and A both help fight off infection and vitamin a helps the body heal quicker. It only costs about $10 a bottle, I started giving it a go a thew years ago when my son was having re-occuring ear infections and he hasn't had one since and I use it for sooo many problems that there's not alot docters can do for. Other then that try to let her rest as much as possible.

Can you get it from super markets or the chemist I have never seen it and I'm willing try anything I just want my little girl all better
Sign in to follow this topic