Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Is there anyone out there who's child was born with a heart condition?

Is there anyone out there who's child was born with a heart condition? Rss

Hi there my name is Emma. When my son Giovanni was 2 days old we found out he had Transposition of the Great Arteries. We were rushed to Starship hospital. He had open heart surgery when he was 7 days old. He is now 8 months old, and a very big strong boy. You wouldn't no by looking at him, he nearly didn't survive the first two weeks of his life.

Is there anyone out there thats child had has the same condition or any other heart condition.

I would love to chat.
Hello

How are you? I have a 5 and a half month old baby gal, although she was not born with a heart condition, her father was and still has one, he is 25 years old. He cannot be operated on because they will kill him sad

Therefore we were very worried that our daughter wood inherit the samething...

I can only imagine what you must have/are going through. I talk to my partners mum about it all the time and she explains how difficult is was to sit by Robs side at 3 weeks and having just had a heart operation and then going to have more and more. The 'journey' never ends she says.

Feel free to tell me how you are coping and what its like, although I am not ion the exact position you are, I do have some insight into your situation.

Ebony

Sign in to follow this topic