Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. My beautiful 3 month old

My beautiful 3 month old Lock Rss

Has anyone else had a bub that had a flat spot?

Until about a month ago we noticed he preferred to sleep with his head facing his left. We have since moved his bed and placed a colorful toy on the side of his cot to get his attention.

We are also making a conscious effort to get him to look the other way and not let him play on his back.

This seems to be working ok but I just wanted to hear from other mums who have experienced this. Has it self corrected??

I have made an appt to see the doctor about it, I don't want my little boy to have to wear a helmet or anything!
I havent had this but i have seen a pillow thing you can buy, its a heart shape with a hole in the middle. You use it when bubs is laying on the floor or when in your view. You buy them from the baby stores they're called baby head rests, but pram warehouse has them on specail for $30 if theres one near you.

Hi,
My bub who is now 4 monhs old also has a flat spot but its on his right side. Since we came home fro hospital I noticed he prefers to sleep on his right side. You're doing all you can do, just give plenty more tummy time and hold him up when he is awake so his not always laying down.
It will self correct itself the more his got his head held up, mys DS's flat spot is slowly getting better by doing this!

Has anyone else had a bub that had a flat spot?

Until about a month ago we noticed he preferred to sleep with his head facing his left. We have since moved his bed and placed a colorful toy on the side of his cot to get his attention.

We are also making a conscious effort to get him to look the other way and not let him play on his back.

This seems to be working ok but I just wanted to hear from other mums who have experienced this. Has it self corrected??

I have made an appt to see the doctor about it, I don't want my little boy to have to wear a helmet or anything!

Hi

My son who is now 6 yrs had a flat side on his head. He hated tummy time and when he slept he favoured the right side, hence the flat head on that side. I was really worried at the time but now 6 years on his head is fine. If you feel his head you can still feel a slight flat area but it's not something you would notice to look at. My doc told me it happens to allot of baby's and it's nothing to worry about. He was right smile
Sign in to follow this topic