Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Gastro Rss

Hi guys

I was wondering how long it should last for. She only has the bottom end going but she has had it for 5 days. I know it is a virus because the rest of the family have all had it, it just seems to be hanging on in her poor little buggar. She is still weeing and is otherwise ok do I let it run its course??

Thanks
hi there
gastro in babies can last anyway from 10-14 days in babies, not nice at all i hope your little one gets over it soon for you

DS and I had it a few weeks ago, 10 days, and yep, let it run its course

Yes around 10 days is correct and let it take it course. Make sure you keep your child hydrated preferably with an electrolyte solution such as Hydralyte or Repalyte.

Dad2b
pharmacist from sa

My Dr said no fruit or 'fibre-rich' vegies, so plain foods like bread/rice/pasta with little to no sauce. If on formula reduce the mix by half (eg if you use 4 scoops just use 2) as the milk can aggravate. Watered down hydrolyte to replace the electrolytes being lost. Oh and a bath daily + use a barrier cream (i like Amolin) with every nappy change to help protect the skin.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Sign in to follow this topic