Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. My lil man has Bronchitis :(

My lil man has Bronchitis :( Lock Rss

He is so sick, i feel so bad cos nothing i do is helping him, he's to young for antibiotics.
Im using Euky bearub on chest, back n feet, using a vapouriser, nasal spray, im keeping the house warm with the A/C and nothing seems to be helping him.
Is there anything else i can try and how long does it usually last?
Im in Oz.
Ive been to the chemist but there is nothing babies that young can have.
cool thanks <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
ill check it out

<span class="emoticon sad">sad</span> That sucks <span class="emoticon sad">sad</span> the bottle I have says as young as 3 mths, it is a homeopathic one, here check out their website
Yeh Dr said hes to young for Ab. and also cos its viral not bacterial antibiotics wouldnt do anything anyway.

Did the Dr say he was too young for antibiotics? I know of babies who have had antibiotics before, it can upset their little tummys but if it is really bad it might be the only thing that will get rid of it. Otherwise I think you are using everything I would. Chemists won't give you anything for a cough in a baby, have to get a script from a Dr. So hard having sick babies. Hope he is better soon.
Sorry chick, not much more you can do, the worst should be over in a week but the cough might persist for longer. When DD was sick we had a few nights where she couldn't lay without coughing so I camped in the loungeroom and she slept against me while I was propped upright with pillows, not super comfy bu it was the only way we could both get a little sleep. Keep up the fluids (esp with the ac on) and I really hope he feels better soon. xx

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Yep thats our sleeping arrangements at the moment too!
Thanks im hoping he gets reall better soon too!

Sorry chick, not much more you can do, the worst should be over in a week but the cough might persist for longer. When DD was sick we had a few nights where she couldn't lay without coughing so I camped in the loungeroom and she slept against me while I was propped upright with pillows, not super comfy bu it was the only way we could both get a little sleep. Keep up the fluids (esp with the ac on) and I really hope he feels better soon. xx
It's horrible when you can't help them! My 5mth DD has had bronchiolitis for about 6 weeks now. GP said it's a nasty cough for about 2 weeks, but it can linger around for a while longer. If he starts to get a snotty nose, higher temps etc, he could have developed a secondary infection (as did DD) and then AB's should be ok. Lot's of hugs to both of you.

DD has it at the moment its horrible shes too little sad shes had it since 2 1/2 weeks old the doctor said she should get over it by next week.. ive been doing pretty much the same as you and just keeping an eye on her temp.. hope your little man gets better soon!
seems like its going around, I actually came on here to post about my littlw 3.5 month old having it and asking for any tips on relieving the congestion.

My daughter is on medication for it and ive had her at the dr twice for it now, its awful isnt it!! I hope ur little man gets better soon.

My son had it when he was 7m old and was hospitilised twice while he had it, so just keep an eye on his breathing, watch for it getting too laboured and shallow, u have prob been told this already but just in case do keep an eye open.

Winter sure does suck!!!
Sorry haven't read the other responses. DS had bronchiolitis a week and a half ago. He was prescribed a ventolin inhaler and redipred (? spelling) which is a steriod medicine. With the two he got over it pretty quickly. I know they can't give antibiotics for a virus, which is the cause of this, however, not sure how the age has anything to do with it, my boy had antibiotics just over a month ago

Our 10 mth old has had it for a few weeks and finally seems to be getting over it now. We did all the same things you are doing although we also elevated his bed and also used baby panadol and nurofen - nurofen in particular to try and relieve the inflammation of his little throat with all the coughing.
I hun, Sorry to hear about the lil guy not being well! I had the same problem with my 7 month old I took her to her GP twice and he recommended Brauers cold and flu medicine you should be able to find it at a chemist some supermarkets stock it too. It’s a all natural/ Homeopathic product just half the dosage that they recommend putting 2MLS in a bottle. It seemed to half her symptoms and she was on the mend pretty quick. Good luck hope he perks up soon
Sign in to follow this topic