Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

chickenpox !! Lock Rss

well woke up this morning to my 14months old calling mummy, so get up and change her and get her dressed and found some little spots on her tummy, then took her to hospital because our doctors are closed today and at 14months old my daughter has chickenpox.
Any one else had children with chickenpox this age?

well woke up this morning to my 14months old calling mummy, so get up and change her and get her dressed and found some little spots on her tummy, then took her to hospital because our doctors are closed today and at 14months old my daughter has chickenpox.
Any one else had children with chickenpox this age?

My little bloke had them when he was around 16 months old, can't remember exactly how old he was precisely, but it was only a couple of months before he was due to have his varicella needle. He got them from his big sisters.

We cut his nails to help minimise scratching, and I bathed him in a bath of Pinetarsol a few times a day to help with the itch. We also used an age appropriate antihistamine to help stop the itching when it seemed to be really bugging him.. I used Solugel on his spots to help reduce any scarring and to this day (he is now a little over 2.5yo) I cannot find a chicken pox scar on him.

Hope your DD has a mild case xx

I was 10 months apprently, it was quite funny as my brothers had gone thru primary school and one started highschool never had it I got it they got it lol
My wee girl got them at about 14 months and the doc said it was actually great to get them so young, we were lucky she had a very mild dose, we used some Calamine Lotion to help with the itching but not on her hands (which is where most of her spots were) becasue you don't want them getting it in mouth or eyes. Cool baths and showers helped, she only stayed itchy for a few days really tongue
one of my neices had it at about 8 months but seeing she is 12 now,I dont remember much apart being a bit concerned( for me not her lol) because I was about 6 weeks pregnant

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

There was about 6 spots but they nearly all gone.
My youngest had chicken pox at 6 months.

There was about 6 spots but they nearly all gone.

Sounds odd.....did she get anymore spots AFTER you took her to the hospital? Chickenpox tend to last at least 3 days and if they are nearly all gone after day 3, and she got no new ones after having them looked at, then I would question whether she actually has had chickenpox.

DS1 had a mild dose, but he had them for 4 days and had the spots for nearly a week, DS2 had them as well and he had them for nearly a week and his crusted over spots for another 4 days. DS1 was 4, DS2 was 11 weeks.

Ditto on questioning whether it was chickenpox. Did they get blistery and then crusty? If it was then it was a pretty mild dose and I'd still get the 18 month vaccine because I doubt she'd have any good immunity from 6 mild spots. My girl had them at about 12 months and got a good dose - all over body, face etc. They take about a week to blister up and crust and then another week to go.
Was she sick before hand? Chickepox starts internally about 2 weeks before coming out on the skin so they start in their throat ears etc so she would have not been herself for a good few days before ths spots came out.
It was terrible at the time but better off know she's got some good immunity. DD2 didn't get them and had the vaccine but she can still get them annoyingly. I'd have prefered a good natural dose.
Sign in to follow this topic