Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

red vagina Lock Rss

Hi!!!! smile

I was just changing dds nappy and noticed that the inside of her vagina is really red and it trails down to her anus. I've put some sudocream on it but im wondering if there is something else I should use or should I get it checked out?

Any help would be good.
Cheers! smile

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Do you think its possible it could be caused by babywipes?
Maybe use a warm flannel and apply sudocream for a few days and see if it clears up smile but if your very concern, take her to the doc wink
I swear by daktozin cream.... sudocream is good for a protective barrier against constant wetness, but daktozin is anti bacterial and was the only cream that kept my dd rash free.

DD gets it every so often, i think sometimes her urine can be a little acidic depending on what she's eaten or if she's urinated a lot overnight so the nappy's very full. When this happens I wash well, use Amolin cream at every nappy change and try to give some nappy free time. It's gone within 2-3 days (usually sooner), however if it lasted longer than that or seemed to be causing a lot of pain i'd probably take her to the doc.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I agree with chalys daktozin is great! Hope it clears up soon.

My little boy gets something sort of similar (obviously not involving a vagina lol) - the line that runs from his little penis all the way down to his anus gets very red and inflamed. It causes swelling in his scrotum when it flares up, and makes him prone to infection - he's had to be treated in hospital for it, with IV antibiotics. We found out that it's to do with the way he developed in the womb, the skin has sort of created a fold inside which is prone to infection. It's a condition he was born with, but we didn't find out until about 6 weeks ago (he is 3). He needs corrective surgery, we're just waiting for a date from the children's hospital now.

I'm not sure if that sort of thing can happen to girls as well. I can't even remember what that condition is called - I posted about it in the toddler section to see if anyone else had heard about it. I don't think it's very common. Just goes to show though that it can be really important to get things checked out. As others have said, it's most likely to be a fungal or nappy/wipe-related type of thing! If she is really sore down there or it doesn't clear up I would go and see a doctor. Hope she's feeling better soon smile
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been using the same wipes since she was 4 months old and when im home I use a wet was cloth so I can't see it being related to those??? I think ill get the cream chalys mentioned and see how we go.

Thanks!

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Hi!!!! smile

I was just changing dds nappy and noticed that the inside of her vagina is really red and it trails down to her anus. I've put some sudocream on it but im wondering if there is something else I should use or should I get it checked out?

Any help would be good.
Cheers! smile

when this happens I also use cotton wool balls socked in camomile tea then use a cream

Sign in to follow this topic