Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. not putting weight on

not putting weight on Rss

11 month old has put 2kgs on in the last 2 months and now weighs 8.6kg how can you help?

juanita,QLD,4 kids

hey there

At 8.6 kg's your 11 month old (according to my books) is in the 10 percentile meaning 90 percent babies are bigger, 10 percent are smaller.

Have you been to see a doctor or CYH? Maybe this is 'normal' for your baby?? I don't know I only have a 5 month old, my experience is limitted.

Has your baby had consistent growth since birth?

Is your baby eating well, do they have reflux or any problems that might contribute to lower weight range??

What did the nurses say at the 6/7 month check up. Were they happy with your babies weight gain then??

Jo, SA, Dylan born Dec 05

i guess al babies will have growth spurts at different ages

mabey he/she id waiting to have a big growth spurt????

xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

i have a 10mth old who we have had alot of problems with her weight she has only just hit the 8kg mark we are seeing alot of people to find ot why she also doesnt sleep i can get up to her about 10 times durring the night and she refuses to eat any more than about 2 tablespoons of food and wont drink any more than 130ml of milk if you can relate to any of these problems i would be glad to talk

shaina,qld,10mth baby

Hi
2kg in 2 months is quite good for weight gain. As long as he is healthy, try not too worry. My daughter is 3 yrs old and weighs 9.8kg. Toddlers come in all sizes, some small, some big and some inbetween.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

Sign in to follow this topic