Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Coldsore Help Lock Rss

Firstly I want to say that I have never had a coldsore in my life. My Mum and Dad get them, but they have never passed them onto me.

Last week I woke up with what looked and felt like a mosquito bite on the middle of my top lip, so it wasnt on my face skin at all. It didnt hurt or itch. The next day I woke up and my lip was HUGE. It had completely swollen up. But still no pain, burning or itching. I went to the chemist and they had no idea what it was but they gave me coldsore cream to try anyway. The I went to my friends house and she told me to put stingoes on it, so I did and the swelling went down. After that we thought it must be a bite. It took a few days to heal after that. Got a scab that kept falling off and re-healing.

Today my DD went down for a nap and when she got up she had a red lump under her bottom lip that looks a bit like what I had sad Now I'm petrified that I've passed on coldsores to her, even though I'm not sure that what I had was a coldsore.

Next bit, MIL and SIL both get coldsores and used to kiss DD on the mouth until I told them off for it. Could they have passed the virus to her and then she passed it to me? Even though I got the lump on my lip first? Sorry if its confusing. My partner kisses his mum on the lips sometimes too wacko but hes never had a coldsore. Can you get them from someone when the person kisses you on the mouth when they dont have a coldsore but still carry the virus?

Sorry for long confusing story but I'd be horrified if I have passed on coldsores to my poor baby sad

Any help would be great

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

Yep some people can pass it on without getting coldsores just like herpes some people dont get the symptons.I get them too iv had them since i was little.The only thing that works is lysine tablets i have'nt had a coldsore since! they are really cheap aswell like $10 for 100 and you take 2 a day.I kept getting them recently and didnt want my baby to get them so i started taking lysine and that cold sore cream works too but at treating it one you allready have one.Some very dumb people i use to work with thought it was herpes , i informed them no its infact the same virus but different areas! so i started feeling really embarrsed if i had one and would avoid going out incase people thought it was herpes.Anyway lysine from the health shop and cold sore cream from the chemist.
I went through a mini panic the other day about the same thing. MIL had a coldsore. DD1 stayed the night.. a few days latter she had a red bump under her lip. My DP used to get coldsores as a child but hasnt had them since he was like 7... from what i understand you can carry the virus but not have any symptoms and pass it onto someone else... but dont quote me on that.
maybe make your whole family take the too! so it doesnt get passed on to anyone else.

Yep some people can pass it on without getting coldsores just like herpes some people dont get the symptons.I get them too iv had them since i was little.The only thing that works is lysine tablets i have'nt had a coldsore since! they are really cheap aswell like $10 for 100 and you take 2 a day.I kept getting them recently and didnt want my baby to get them so i started taking lysine and that cold sore cream works too but at treating it one you allready have one.Some very dumb people i use to work with thought it was herpes , i informed them no its infact the same virus but different areas! so i started feeling really embarrsed if i had one and would avoid going out incase people thought it was herpes.Anyway lysine from the health shop and cold sore cream from the chemist.

Those tablets sound great. Unfortunately my MIL is not the smartest of people and would probably kiss DD on the mouth with a huge coldsore and not even think about it. She got really angry when I told her to stop kissing her on the mouth. My parents dont even go near her when they have one so I know it hasnt come from them. I cant see MIL reacting too nicely to being asked to take the tablets roll eyes Even though I would love her too! *sigh*

I went through a mini panic the other day about the same thing. MIL had a coldsore. DD1 stayed the night.. a few days latter she had a red bump under her lip. My DP used to get coldsores as a child but hasnt had them since he was like 7... from what i understand you can carry the virus but not have any symptoms and pass it onto someone else... but dont quote me on that.

Mini panic alright! What came of the red lump? Thats scary that you might not have to have one to pass it on sad

slip them in her coffee lol just joking.

slip them in her coffee lol just joking.

haha if only tongue ahhh MIL's

Sign in to follow this topic