Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Opinions please Lock Rss

Hi smile

I started DD on solids a couple of weeks ago because the nurse said it would be good for her & would help her to start sleepIng through the night again but since then, I have noticed that she hasnt been passing bowel movements very often. When she was bf only, she only went every 3-4 days but since starting the solids, she seems to be trying to go and only a little bit comes out. I wonder if she is constipated?? She doesn't seem uncomfortable though.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Maybe try adding some pear to some of her solids or it may just be her tummy adjusting
Same thing happened to DD2. I had to take her off solids for a couple of weeks & start again because she had blood in her poop.

Its definitely normal for her poo to change & firm up abit. Constipation is also very common when bubs start solids.
Is her poo actually hard? If its harder, it'll probably look like less poo in the nappy than usual.
If she was constipated, her poo would be very solid & she'd have ALOT of difficulty getting it out & probably scream in pain. Abit of blood from tearing can also occur.

DD2 was constipated for months after starting solids. Was not a pleasant time at all.

Same thing happened to DD2. I had to take her off solids for a couple of weeks & start again because she had blood in her poop.

Its definitely normal for her poo to change & firm up abit. Constipation is also very common when bubs start solids.
Is her poo actually hard? If its harder, it'll probably look like less poo in the nappy than usual.
If she was constipated, her poo would be very solid & she'd have ALOT of difficulty getting it out & probably scream in pain. Abit of blood from tearing can also occur.

DD2 was constipated for months after starting solids. Was not a pleasant time at all.

Thanks for replying smile

Her poo isnt actually hard but is firm & looks like real poo now. The last time she did a 'big' poo was on Friday night and since then she has only done little bits. She's not crying or in pain that I can see when she does a poo, she strains & goes red in the face but she has always done that.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed, she seemed like she a was a little uncomfortable and was farting a lot. She also decided she wouldn't sleep on her back and wanted to be on her side even though she normally sleeps on her back so I wonder if it's related at all.

Guess I'll just keep an eye on her and see what happens smile

Thanks for replying smile

Her poo isnt actually hard but is firm & looks like real poo now. The last time she did a 'big' poo was on Friday night and since then she has only done little bits. She's not crying or in pain that I can see when she does a poo, she strains & goes red in the face but she has always done that.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed, she seemed like she a was a little uncomfortable and was farting a lot. She also decided she wouldn't sleep on her back and wanted to be on her side even though she normally sleeps on her back so I wonder if it's related at all.

Guess I'll just keep an eye on her and see what happens smile

Welcome to the joyful time of 'solid food poopy nappies'. The stinkiest yet! Haha

All sounds normal to me. You'll definitely know if she's constipated.

Welcome to the joyful time of 'solid food poopy nappies'. The stinkiest yet! Haha

All sounds normal to me. You'll definitely know if she's constipated.

Hahaha thanks! You're reply has definitely made me feel a bit more relaxed about it now.

I just bought the little jars of pureed fruit such as pear, kiwifruit, prune (all the good fibrous stuff) etc and when he hadn't been for a day or so they seemed to work.

Sign in to follow this topic