Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. In 4 hours how my world changed for ever!

In 4 hours how my world changed for ever! Lock Rss

Hi guys just wanted to share with you all how my world change for ever on the 26th of Febuary 2012.

My beautiful baby boy was born on the 26th of October 2011. Delivered by c section- healthy with no complication. About three weeks later he got a cold/flu that he could seem to shake off.(the weather was all over the place cold one day 30 degrees the following day) one day he would be good the next we would have a slight running nose, then good again. About a week later he developed these two lumps on top of his head so I took him my local gp- he put it down to a lipoma cyst. I still didn't feel right about it so I took him the following day to my children's hospital. There I waited for 4 hours and had him checked all over ( including body check)by two senior doctor and they said no to worry about it and if it had not gone in three weeks to come back. I went home still with an uncertain feeling in my stomach but I was thing three docs have checked him and they have all said it was ok. The following day he was slept most of the day only waking around ever 5 hours and having about 20mls of milk and falling asleep again. Tad following morning I took him back to the children hospital where I checked in at 1.30pm the did a blood test and urine test and at 5.30pm they come to the concision my 4 month old had acute myloide leukemia. His white blood cells was over 300 ( they reckon over 100 iis really bad).My world changed for ever. His spleen was massive too also his kidneys. Two weeks on he has had his first batch of chemo and seems to be handling it ok. We will get the results of this round in about three weeks. I'm writing this post as kind of healing process, I have never cried so much in my life but I have to be strong for my two other boys. I'm stuck in hospital for the next six months will my little brave man go through this long hard so. All I want to say is trust you motherly gut feeling. Because they told me that if I had left a few more days he would no longer be with us. And when you have a spare minutes please say a little prayer fort little man. His been more in this last week than most people would go through in there life time. thankyou for reading my post written as I lay awake in hospital ( my new home for the next 6 months ) sad sad
I'm so sorry your Little fellow is sick. My heart goes out to you &your family.
I will pray for your child and you/family

Take care
Xoxox
I'm so sorry to hear this, breaks my heart. I will pray for your boy, and I hope you are surrounded by love and support at this time.
Oh hun, I'm really sorry you, your family and your little boy are going through this. All I can say is, if your boy is just half as strong as his mummy sounds, he will get through this. Sending positive thoughts your way xx

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I feel for you, I hope he doent get too sick from the chemo, my thoughts are with you

Oh sweetheart! Words just can't express how devastated I feel for you and your precious little boy.

I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

x
Sweetheart i honestly dont know what to say, my dd2 is almost the same age as your little man and i dont know how i would ever deal with something like that. I just wanted to give you big hugs and say that im sorry that you have to go through this. I will keep your little one in my thoughts and my prayers and hope he gets better soon. xx
Oh hun, i am so sorry. Sending you the biggest hugs, our thoughts and prayers will be with you all the way through this time of need xx I hope your brave lil boy gets better real soon

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you, I can't imagine what you are feeling xx

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Praying for you and your son. What a heartbreaking thing to have to go through. I'm so sorry your having to go through this. Thinking of you xx
Pray for a angel to watch over your son and have complete full recovery and also a angel to watch over you to give you strength as a mother I could not imagine how you feel prayers for a full recovery for your son and family
omg this is very upsetting. my thoughts are with you and your family i cant imagine what your going through i can only hope ieverything will be ok xx
Sign in to follow this topic