Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. mmrv to replace mmr

mmrv to replace mmr Lock Rss

Hi guys
Haven't been on in a long time but id like some opinions on this one.

So the mmr vaccine is/has been replaced by the mmrv vax which is a four in one. The positive is obviously that rather than having two needles, the mmr and varcilla(chicken pox), now its all in one.

The thing im not so keen on is that the mmrv has almost double the risk of febral convulsions and higher rate of consequential brain inflammation. I cannot find any actual figures on this just quotes. What worries me more is how difficult it has been to find this info.

Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks chicks. Xxxx

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I'm not really sure about this one, but you could check with a Childrens Hospital. Not sure if there is one specific to kids in WA, but you could maybe start with the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne. www.rch.org.au
There's been concerns for a long time that the MMR is even too much at once. And now they're adding an extra one to the mix? I'd rather extra needles and space them apart rather than chucking a whole heap in my DD's system at once.

Noddddddy! I've been thinking about you and missing you around here sad

I have no idea about these vaccines, doesn't sound good though sad xx

hey Nods smile

havent heard too much about this I guess as my kids are all older now. Seems like a lot for a little body all at once.

hope to see you stick around

smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Have you looked at the package insert?

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p...

Hi guys.

Yes Ds is doing well. There is something there but i don't want to discuss it right now. When im ready ill share. smile

Thanks kiwi ill check that out but i don't think that's the company that makes the aussie one.
Ill keep you posted on anything i find.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

~NoDdY~ wrote:
Thanks kiwi ill check that out but i don't think that's the company that makes the aussie one.
Ill keep you posted on anything i find.

And if I had Googled correctly I'd know that! laugh I was under the mistaken impression only Merck was producing an MMRV vaccine...learn something new everyday. grin

Try this one, it's the right one according to Immunise Australia:

http://www.gsk.com.au/resources.ashx/vaccinepro...

Sign in to follow this topic