Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Panadol Lock Rss

Hi all just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.

My 6 month old daughter (well will be 6 month in a week) is teething and we have tried to give her panadol but everytime we give it to her she spews it and everything else in her belly up.

Is this a normal thing? I would think not because then there is not pain relief because they have spewed it all up.....

When she had a cold she also did this with that medicine that starts with a D... omg im going crazy what is it called....

anywho should i try her on the nuerfon?

Any thoughts would be lovely....

Ebony

Hi Ebony

Wow thats a tough one. I think the medicine you are thinking of for the cold is Demazin?

Basically Paracetamol (Panadol) is the gentlest pain reliever as far as the stomach goes - so it is a tricky one if she is chucking it back. I wouldn't try Nurofen until she is taking Panadol ok, as this can be a bit irritating on their stomachs, which is why you have to give it with food.

I think this one might require advice from a health professional as to what to do. maybe adding the medicine to her bottle??

Good luck

Leanne

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Hi ebz0027 we use to give our daughter panadol but we found it didnt really work tha good and plus Jaye use to kick and scream every time we give her panadol so we switch to nurfen and she doesnt kick and scream and she actually lets us put it in her mouth without spewing abit of it up.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic