Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Colic and stress Lock Rss

Hi is there anyone out there whose baby has colic. Lachlan is 4months old and for the 2weeks he has done nothing but basically scream, especially during 5-8pm. I have had him at the doctors who said it is definately Colic he is suffering from but because he is on medication for seizures he cann't have much off the shelf at the chemist. We have elected to change his formula and frequent panadol drops. Is there any thing I could do for him and or any way to ease the stress of hearing him scream. He gets inconsolable and stiffens up, whilst screaming for hours on end. Any ideas welcomed. Thankyou

Hi Emma

You poor thing! It feels like a lifetime ago I was in the same boat... my DS had terrible colic from day 1 - it took 4 1/2 months for him to be diagnosed with severe reflux. He was breastfed at the time and Infant Gaviscon (on GP advice) worked wonders, for a limited time though. I can't believe that I put up with it for so long before seeking an opinion. DS would also stiffen and arch his back after feeds and was very snuffly. Anyway, on further monitoring, it was apparent that I had TOO MUCH MILK (can you believe it) and the flow was too fast - all of this on top of colic was no fun.

Do you find that the colic is worse when bubby is overstimulated? Callum was extra extra colicky when we'd had a big day.

If it's any consolation - I've been told on more than one occasion that colicky babies are very intelligent!!! I can't prove it yet - but watch this space!

What formula are you using? Do you think he's teething? Callum started teething at about the same time - don't get too excited... it took 2 months to cut his first tooth - but 2 weeks later we have 3 toothy pegs with another 2 cutting now!!

Probably no help at all, but I'm here to listen!!

Cheers

Kerry, WA, DD 09/00 & DS 11/05

a good work colluege of mine had her baby boy a day after i had my DD

he had sever colic and for the first 3 months did nothing but scream!!

she said it ruined her days with him as she wanted to enjoy him

i know it was so hard

she said he woke up one day and it was just gone?....

her and her partner are currently setting up a site for parents with babies whom have colic

she said most parents want to forget about those awful early days but they would really like to help others in that situation
i really have no advice for you but im sure there will be some mummas who can help you

xxxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi Emma,

Have you considered seeing a chiropractor or maybe a natropath. I know it sounds a bit full on, but I have read a few sites on the net that say chiro work can do wonders for colic babies. Perhaps next time your at the doctors you could ask their opinion - considering he suffers from seizures perhaps this way with out Meds might be useful. Try to Google "colic and chiropatics" to see some info. smile

Can your baby have infant friends????maybe ask as it was great for my little boy when he had reflux
Good luck

tina

My DD had terrible colic from about 6-7weeks and is just getting over it now. I used MARINA INFANT MIXTURE which is supposedly 100% natural ingredients. It was also recommended that i carry her around as much as bearable in a baby sling and try to keep her upright. After a few days of just using the sling she was a changed baby smile It reduced her crying in general, much more content and happy and also slept tonnes better too. It does get better! My DD appears to have recovered from her bouts of screaming and being inconsolable.

Do u wrap him when he sleeps? Does he sleep well once he goes down? Oh, and do u use a dummy?

Hope ur doing ok. **Big Hugz for u both**

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Sign in to follow this topic