Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. dont know whats wrong-

dont know whats wrong- Lock Rss

my 8 month old daughter has 4 teeth with number 5 & 6 still trying to come through.
normally shes an extremly happy baby, but lately shes been a real grump, shes been crying lots, she wont sleep, and now wont eat her solids (usually on 3 meals a day, now id be lucky if she even eats a few spoonfuls of 1 meal maybe 2), shes bumped her milk intake back up to 6 bottles of 150mls, (usually 4 - 5), drinks around 150ml water most days, and has had a few runny nappies. shes not sleeping much in the day, last 2 days hasnt even really slept at all, and she wont let me leave the room without her, sometimes i cant even sit her down.
ive tried just about everything i can think about.

can any one help?

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

I don't know that there is any-thing in particular you can do, or that it gets any better as such. DD fluctuates from being a perfect little bub, to being a typical type 'teether' - although we haven't seen a new tooth in months. Some-times it ends up she has a little cold, or like last week - a mild bought of gastro - but generally, I can't put her fractious periods down to any-thing but teething or growth spurts. It is really very frustrating and I am constantly asking my friends with older bubs what is going on and what can I do about it. All I do is make the most of the great periods, where every-thing is perfect - then when we hit a rough patch, remind myself it will pass soon enough - lol.

Your bub sounds very sookie and clingy. DD gets like that when her teeth are moving and obviously causing her grief. She also gets like that when she has a temperature or a cold. I have no cure other than panadol if its really bad, or lots of cuddles and attention. That is a double edged sword in that I have to kind of wean her off that special treatment when she is all better. I tell you what, being a mum is by far, the hardest thing (mentally) I have every had to deal with.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic