Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nappy Rash Lock Rss

My baby suddenly woke up with a bad case of nappy rash. It just happened very quickly

I have put some cream on him and it has been 3 days and it doesn't seem to be going.

The rash is now moist looking and weeping rather than just lumpy and red.

I am trying to give him heaps of nappy free time, cleaning with wipes and then drying with toilet paper. Then applying sudocrem.

Any suggestions??

Jo, SA, Dylan born Dec 05

Mayb stop using the wipes, and jsut cleaning his bum with a warm face washer??

Ebony

Hi Joey,

Pehaps if it is looking worse rather than better you may need something more than just sudocream. Maybe an appt with the GP for a swab to be taken and sent to the lab to see if there is any bacteria that shouldn't be there. Perhaps in the meantime, go without the wipes and soaps in your bath at bathtime, apply powder before putting on the nappy and pat dry and dab to clean. Hope this helps and sorry to hear about the bad case of nappy rash! SJ
try not to usea a wipe unless you have to
you really want to keep it dry rather than moist
swap the cream for good old nappy powder
pop it on , rub it in well
then give some nappy time afterwards
shange nappies regusrly to keep any moisture away from bubs bum bum

good luck
xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi
When my son had a bad case of nappy rash (from teething) we used paw paw cream and also bathed him in pinetarsal you can get it from your chemist. (not sure how you spell it) it cleared it up overnite.
Hope this helps.

Jackie, SA, 2 Boys

Sign in to follow this topic