Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Bubs with the flu..

Bubs with the flu.. Lock Rss

Hi All,

My little man has been so sick with the flu the last week and a bit.. Poor baby cant suck his bottles or dummy as his nose is all blocked up.. I feel so sorry for him.. and he has had really high temps..

Has anyone got any tricks to help me? Iv got a vapouriser in his room, his bed raised..

Thanks in advance

Alicia

Hi Alicia

My 6 month DS is just coming good after a bout of flu, followed by an ear infection. Fess Nasal drops or spray were a godsend for me - they cleared out his snotty nose instantly. I gave him Paedamin and Nurofen 6 hourly (as advise by GP) and massaged Baby Balsam onto his chest and back at each nappy change.

I tried the vapouriser, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Fevers are an indication of an infection - it's also the body's way of telling you that it's fighting the infection. My GP told me that the only time anyone can fight an infection is when you are asleep - so lots of sleep!! But, in my case - DS doesn't sleep during the day!!!

I hope he gets better soon! It's no fun watching them suffer is it...

Cheers

Kerry, WA, DD 09/00 & DS 11/05

I agree, Fess Nasal drops are great. pop them in bubs nose bout five minutes before feeding and it thins out the mucous. DD sneezes everytime and the gunk just comes out and makes it easier for them to breath and drink. It also comes with an aspirator I think it is called or as I refer to it a snot sucker which helps get the mucous out also.

Vapouriser helped bub breath better at night - we found that she wakes so much through the night with the stuffed nose and the vapouriser helps to breath.

Eukybear rub (same as baby balsam)

Infant Demazin can help relieve the conjestion and can also be used at the same time as the Panadal for his fever.

and lots of cuddles!

It isnt much fun....
Hi Aidens mum my daughter has just got the cold and its awful she cant beath thought her noise and the sad thing is that its her birthday on monday so I am hoping she will be better cause its her first birthday and at the moment I have got her onto cough stuff and vapouriser and make sure she warm up and with the heater in her room.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic