Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. screaming while burping!!

screaming while burping!! Lock Rss

Hi I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my situation. Bubby was immunised yesterday and seemed fine. This morning she woke and we had a feed, then I burped her and when it came up she let out an almighty scream! This has continued everytime she has burped this morning. Then to make matters worse she got the hiccups and screams through them as well. She has never been diagnosed with reflux or anything like that. I have tried calling CHN but there is no answer, then called Health Direct and they said it doesn't sound urgent. Well my bubbas in pain! I thought I'd probably get an answer quicker on here! I am not sure if the jabs have anything to do with this?? Would be good to hear from anyone who has experienced similar or knows what it could be.

Thanks guys

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

It does sound like reflux to me ... as the acid comes back up her through at each hiccup it would be burning. Same with the burping.

My son has reflux and in the beginning (before medication) was doing those exact things.. Definately get her checked out, I don't think it would have anything to do with the needles.

You could try burping her a few times during her feed, and also sitting her up a bit whilst feeding. I also got told to try and leave bubs laying down for a few min's after feeding coz its harder for the acid to travel upwards if you get me.

We give my son 1mil of Mylanta when his reflux plays up and it works instantly... Perhaps you could ask the chemist about that one!!

Good luck!

P.S .... Health Direct are hopeless sometimes, I have given up on calling them and instead take bubs to the nearest Hosp - and get the Triage nurse to check him out smile smile If she thinks its something serious or that needs to be looked at, we wait to see a Dr.

Kristie, mum to Blake(23mths) & Joshua(1mth)

Sign in to follow this topic