Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Vomiting Lock Rss

Hi There

my DS who is 9.5 months sometimes throws up his meal, it can either be either breakfast, lunch or dinner. I can't seem to find a link between any of the foods. Today he had baked beans for lunch (1st time) and threw this up about 3/4 of the way thru. He may do this about once a fortnight. Does any other bubs do this? I have been to the doctor but she said that it was a 24hr virus and would pass!
thanks heaps

Yvonne, WA, Beautiful Baby Boy 29/11/2005

I would head back to the doctor!

My boy threw up all the time when he was first born and diagnosed with reflux ++. He is better now. It can get pretty messy and our carpet is in a bad state! I am not saying he has reflux, but it isn't obviously a 24 hour bug....otherwise it would have been and gone by now!

I would keep a diary of what he eats and when he throws up, incase it is food allergy.

Jo, SA, Dylan born Dec 05

Hi Joshua's mum
Just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of your bubs vomittin? We have just had our son (almost 10 months) in hospital for a week as he has been vomittin for the last eight weeks. Like you there seems to be no link betweeen the foods e.g. most times he keeps plain vegs down fine then all out of the blue he brings them up he even occasionally brings up breast feeds. It started off being once a day (also like you it was random which meal it happened after) and after he had finished eating. In the last couple of weeks it seems to have worsened and now he is vomitting up 2 or three meals a day and sometimes after just a few spoonfulls. The hospital ran what felt like zillions of tests - everything from blood tests to an MRI scan - and came up with no answers. In the end they have made an appointment with a gastrologist to have a scope put down his throat and sent us home until then.

They also have him on a daily dose of laxative as he keeps passing strange constipated like stools and is straining madly to go even when his stools are soft.

Just wondering if you are still having troubles/ what progress you had with finding out what was wrong with your son?

Any other mums out there had this prob/ got any ideas?

Kel, Tas, mother to Ryan 5 mnths

Sign in to follow this topic