Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Does it sound like Excema

Does it sound like Excema Lock Rss

Hi, my 3 month old has recently developed a red rash under her chin from ear to ear, its gone very dry in patches. Also on her face she gets like red patches and lots of tiny spots like little bumps. they get worse when she gets agro! does this sound like excema? Is it something that needs to be diagnosed by a docter?
I have been using Johnsons baby soap, Johnsons Baby shampoo and a couple of moisturisers.
Ive read on here about Calendula cream, What is this and where can you get it?
Thanks smile

Dawn,WA ,Chloe 3.5, Danielle born 17th dec 2004

Hi, Just thought id add that ive taken my little girl to the docter today as it got quite bad and it is excema that she has.
Would still appreciate any info on the calendula cream though. Thanks Dawn

Hi,

My daughter also suffered from Excema after she was born. I stopped using anything like Johnson and Johnson and started to use QV oil which I found really good.

I didn't use calendula cream but a 0.01% cortisone cream (which I got from the doctor). I only used this when I found that she had a little rash. I also found that if I used wipes etc for sensative skin it reduced the excema.

A friends baby has also suffered from ecxema and she found that if she used a particular washing powder it made things worse.

My daughter is now 1 years old and she still gets a little bit but it is only under her arms and it heals after I apply the cream. I found that she is growing out of it.

I hope this heals a little.

Good luck.
Hi,
Thank you for your help, I might try the QV range first. ive read a few people use it. Anything to help the poor mite. She cant sleep at night due to it.
Cheers Dawn

Hi

You should be able to get Calandula cream from a chemist or health food store.
Tammy

Tammy, Georgena and Alexander

Sign in to follow this topic