Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Nappy Rash Lock Rss

I have heard that using just the egg whites is good as it seals the skin and puts a protective film over the sore area! My son's rash used to bleed and he would cry in pain! I used an antiseptic cream called Bapanthen! I buy it just from the supermarket but you can also get it from the chemist and the price is about the same as the nappy rash creams! Hope you have some success!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I have a 10 month old son who suffers from nappy rash occasionally. I use Heinz Sudocream that seems to work for us. Have you tried an alovera gel as they help the healing process. I have also read a study about leaving the nappy off your child for 30 minutes or so at a time per day, and if you child is over the age of one that you can use this method to help with toilet training. There are 2 things you need to make sure of though, dont use wipes that contain alchol, some still do, and check your child nappy frequently, change it as soon at it is damp or dirty.

Connor 24/1/03, Oliver 8/6/04, Zachary 5/12/07

Hi Everyone,
I have always used Zinc and Castoroil cream after my kids have a dirty nappy, and Curash powder every other nappy change. I use cloth nappies while I am home, and Huggies when I go out. I have never used plastic pilchers, as this keeps too much moister in the nappy, but rather fluffies. I try to allow "free time" where my baby lays on the floor with no nappy. It is good to do this just before you bath them, as then you can wash off any little mishaps. None of my kids have suffered nappy rash, so I must be doing something right. Hope I have been of some assistance.

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Erica
I know you've probably tried everything by now, but thought id write anyway. My little girl had shocking nappy rash when she was about 3 weeks old, poor little bottom looked almost blistered it was so red, i found "Nappy-Mate Paste" was fantastic and cleared it up in no time!

Hope things are going ok
Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Hi, the one thing i have found with all 3 of my bubbas is Paw Paw ointment really works, you can get it at your chemist and most stores. My kids did get the odd occasional bout of nappy rash mostly in summer and i just kept on applying it at every nappy change. Also when they do have nappy rash i have found wipes are deffinately not good at all. If you can just use a soft cloth or face washer as something in the wipes, even alchohol free ones tends to hurt the babies skin therfore inflaming it. I hope this has helped. Chow

Ngari 25, mother of 3

Definately Paw-paw cream, it fixes everything! I live in Far North Qld and I use cloth nappies. I simply apply the paw-paw to the folds around my son's legs and all over his genitals and bum every second nappy change. You'd think ointment would make it worse but this stuff is magik. I also use it on any insect bites he gets and any cuts or scratches (from his fingernails etc.) I also make sure he gets plenty of no pants time and he is rash free. Good luck!
My daughter often has nappy rash, sometimes her bottom is bright red immediately after she made a poo. This frequently happens when she has eaten lots of green vegies - brocolli, beans and spinach. I have used daktozin, from the chemist, and it has worked wonders. And I try to air her bottom when it is really bad. Maybe your boy's nappy rash is related to a food item?

Nadia

hi everyone,
thanks again for all the responses, you have all been so helpful. My boys nappy rash is getting better I am using sigmacort cream and castor oil and zinc all mixed together. This seems to work pretty well. It gets worse when he does a sloppy poo and it gets better when he does a firm poo so I give him lots of bananas to firm him up.

I have taken him to the doctor and she advised that the reason this happens so badly with him is that he poos frequently (mostly 7 times a day and up). She also advised that there is nothing I can do other than what I am doing which is just putting cream on at every nappy change and airing him out. She also said that the only time it is going to stop is when he is tiolet trained. So thanks everyone for the help its been great.

Erica, mum of 1 yr old Branson, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic