Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Fused Labia Lock Rss

After reading posts on here about fused Labias I checked my 9 month old daughter and thought maybe she had this condition. After checking with my doc she confirmed it and prescribed oestrogen cream and told me to gently stretch the skin. Just wondering if others had success with the cream, how long it took to come apart and if the stretching is really necessary as I can barely pin her down for her nappy let alone stretching!! Also will this condition affect her in anyway later in life?

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

Hi Sara,
My daughter also had a fused Labia, it was picked up at her 4mth old check up by my local Baby Clinic and I was told to see my GP straight away so I did and she prescribed the exact cream you have "Oestrogen" I just applied as they told me and I remember it didnt' take long at all to open back up but I was never told to stretch the area just had to apply the cream to the area. She is now 4 years old and never had a problem since. The doctor at the time told me it was quite common in baby girls but before my girl had it I had never heard of it or either had my mother, so it was all new to us. But if you are using the cream it should be right again in no time. when I asked my GP why this had happened she told me it was because my daughter may have been lacking in Estrogen hormone and during my pregnancy with her I had too much estrogen which use to push up my BP really high so its weird. Anyway best of luck and I'm sure you're little girl will be right in no time.

Sign in to follow this topic