Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Middle Ear Infection

Middle Ear Infection Lock Rss

Has anyone got any tips on avoiding middle ear infections? My 10 month old has just recovered from infections in both ears after 2 weeks of being sick and a 7 day course of anti-biotics. I'm hoping Sam isn't going to be prone to getting ear infections. Can swimming cause them? We live in Darwin and he loves being in the water.
I'm also interested in avoiding middle ear infections. My son is 7 1/2 mo and has already had one bout of it. I have also heard that swimming may cause it - my son started swimming lessons at 10 weeks old and continues to go once a week. My neice is probably going to have grommets inserted soon due to recurrent ear infections and my sis thinks that the pool has caused it. Does wearing ear plugs help? Also, has anyone tried homeopathic remedies to treat the infection?
Hi,
I was told soon after having my daughter to have her in a sitting position on my lap when giving her a bottle instead of lying down to avoid middle ear infections.
Sherrie and baby Maddisyn 09/09/04
Sign in to follow this topic