Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. carseat & sleep -facing forward

carseat & sleep -facing forward Lock Rss

Hi all,
we just recently changed the seat to face front ways. i have heard that the babies air way can be blocked if their head falls forward - does any one know if this is true? or has any one else heard about this happening? I am just concerned because 2 times out of probably 5 he has fallen asleep in the car and his head fell forwards... i kept a close eye on him, but dont want anything TO HAPPEN...

?????

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

hey there
i haven't heard of this happeneing myself but, you can buy those cushions that support their heads whilst they are asleep in teh car. they are like a u-shape that fit under their chin. try this if you are concerned.
hope this helps

jodi
HI
If you are worried about bubs falling to sleep in his car seat it might be a good idea to keep the seat facing backwards, this way the seat is reclined and bubs head shouldn't fall foreward. I have two car seats one said to turn foreward after 8kg and the other at 12kg or 12 months whatever happens first. My SIL didn't turn the seat around for thier son until 12 months and they have the same brand as the 8kg to turn around. Bradyn is still facing backwards.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

I know when my boys were in the NICU ward a couple of times 1 of them did block off because of the way I was holding him and his brother to feed.
But as they get older they should be okay,
Does your seat recline a little??? I think it should be fine as there is a million kids out there that fall asleep in the car.

Scary to think though - Hey

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Sign in to follow this topic