Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. frozen hands, please help!!!

frozen hands, please help!!! Lock Rss

My daughter is 4.5mths, we live in a warm unit, but every morning, my daughters hands are purple and frozen, i have tried putting two pairs of mittens on, but this does nothing at all, i tuck her arms under her blankets at night but she likes to sleep like a star fish. Im not sure what to do, has anyone else had this problem? and if so what did you do, our house is at a set temp of 17 degrees at night so it isnt cold at all!!

Colleen, Redcliff,Ashlyn born 10.04.05

Try socks on her hands instead of mitens - much warmer and stay on fine (I tuck them into the sleeve). If they are really cold try putting baby explorer socks (you can get for baby at coles and big w). Worth a try especially if the colour of her hands has changed.
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

my sons feet is like that, we have tried everythingm but the doc just said he has bad circulation. his hands do get cold but he has mittens on and he is wrapped wen he sleeps so they r always covered.
so ur bub mite just have bad circulation, and her cold hands mite not bother her. but i would try the socks i might just do the trick!

keep us updated!

my 3mth old has had the same problem. We have tried all the things suggested but found the only thing that worked for us, and it wasn't 100%, was a heater on in his room. We use one of those space heaters. His hands are still cold in the morning but aren't as blue.
We've been told he just has poor circulation

Kiwicolz It is the Orange Weather!!!! My little man has cold hands also and blue most of the time, if not blue, very red (coldness red). He sleeps with his hands near his head and never even think of trying to keep them under the blankets. I cant find mittens that fit him and anyway he has had mittens, socks and bonds suits covering his hands and they are still cold. The doctor in the hospital listened to his heart twice and for like 3 minutes at a time (You could tell i was worried because of this) because his hands were blue. All was find though. His cold hands dont seem to bother him though until he puts them on his face!!! Anyway he is just like his mum, always has cold hands. He is lucky he just has them at night!!!! Tell me if you find a solution!!!

Tracey,NSW

I have ice cold and sometimes purple hands and feet...apparently it's due to poor circulation! My kids get it sometimes but thankfully not always. I like the one piece suits that have the mittens sewn in and then I put another set of mittens over the top.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

i have this happen to me when i dont put the ends over on the bonds suit. It is improving as he gets older, but can i suggest massage, more massage and touch through her hands may help her circulation for when she is sleeping. Worth thinking about any way.

GOODLUCK

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic