Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. HUGGIES NAPPIES - WHO IS NOT HAPPY WITH THEM - LEA

HUGGIES NAPPIES - WHO IS NOT HAPPY WITH THEM - LEA Rss

Posted by: kiwi_tam
I got sick of huggies leaking with DS when he was little so changed brands.
Then went back for a while a month ago. They leaked abit (had to change him more often) and I found they were a bad fit.
I even emailed huggies...just wanting them to justify why they say their nappies are the best and why the price...
never got a response.
if you are going to claim your nappies are the best you need to back up your claims with the best nappies, and respond to unhappy customers.

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know your feedback. We have followed your enquiry through our system and our Consumer Advisory Service does have a record of receiving your comments on the 06/09/2007 and providing a response on the same day. We also have a record of sending through a mailed response shortly after this. I am sorry you are not in receipt of these.

I would recommend that you contact our Consumer Advisory Service so they can discuss their response with you in further detail.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards,
Alison
Huggies Forum Moderator
I have been having to change my daughter's entire outfit about 4- 5 times a day due to her Huggies nappies leaking. Not to mention that her poo stains her clothes and I am suddenly left with few clothes in which to dress her which do NOT have stains.

I emailed Huggies to let them know I wasn't happy and haven't been afforded a reply.

I am about to switch to another brand...I've had enough!
Ok, got up this morning PISSED off at the lousy product that Huggies is putting out.

My DD looked like she was gonna sleep in, which meant a sleep-in for me too...BLISS! Then she started getting niggly and I thought to pick her up and give her a burp (we were co-sleeping in the same bed and she had been breastfeeding about 15 minutes before she then settled into a comfy sleep).

When I picked her up to burp her, I realized her nappy had leaked yet AGAIN and her clothes were all damp up one side, hence her discomfort. So, I had to get up and change her, REALLY ensuring she was fully awake in the process.

Ok, here's the thing. Huggies is putting a product on the market that is one of the more expensive of it's kind BUT promotes itself as the leading brand because it's the most absorbent etc, so the price is worth it yada yada yada.

Not only is it NOT the best, the product is failing on a large scale. DO NOT take the publics good dollars if your product won't do what it is supposed to do!

As a new mum, I have enough to try and cope with and worry about. I do not need to spend precious time changing my daughters outfit numerous times a day.

I do not need to spend time changing my daughters bedsheets every day.

I do not need to spend time changing MY bedsheets every day (when my daughter is co-sleeping with us).

I do not have enough money to go out and buy new outfits because the ones I DID have, have been poo stained because my daughters nappies have leaked out onto them. My fiance and I are on one wage and, as it is, my fiance's wage covers our cost of living, our debt, groceries and money to get him to work. Money for me and my daughter comes from the tiny amount given to us by Family Tax Benefit A. Tell me WHERE I can find the money to go buy new clothes for her since your product failed to do it's job and ruined her clothes?

And yes, I have tried to get the stains out using Napisan...tried a variety of ways it suggested and tried numerous washes...the poo stains are still there (what is it with me buying products that don't deliver, geeze...).

And to add insult to injury, when it looks like I'm gonna get some precious sleep, your product fails again, thus ensuring my daughter awakes because of the discomfort of wetness and ensures that I kiss goodbye to any hopes of catching up on sleep.

I've tried emailing a complaint....got nothing in reply.

I'm wondering whether one of those trashy current affairs shows, like Today Tonight wants to do a story on it, given the volume of complaints? wink
hi Luminosity,

Believe me you are NOT the only one on the boat. I do feel your fustration as do so many other mums.

I have made contact with huggies who in return called me and told me that upgrading to next size up in nappies should ease the leakage as their nappies are only good for 8 hour absorbtion.

Fair enough, but sometimes the nappy leaks within few hours of changing, and the more bigger size you go the less in box at the same price.

Well if you do contact current affair please keep us informed with what is going on smile Perhaps get few mums on it.

Perhaps copy and paste your post and email it to huggies again, maybe you might get repsonse.

Good luck!

Tania and Jaiden

When my son was born we used Huggies newborn nappies at first and found they only lasted about four hours. When we switched him to the next size up, which were male specific as well as bigger we found they lasted up to 10 hours per night. The thing I have found is that the size guide can be a bit off and you made need to jump up a bigger size quicker than the size guide reccommends. All the other brands we have tried have been ridiculous, lasting only 1.5 hrs before they leak!
Good luck,
Barbara
hi,

just an update, my sons nappy seems to cease leaking for the time being, we have gone a size up, so either they are working better or he is peeing less LOL

[Edited on 26/11/2007]

Tania and Jaiden

Sorry, I can't help myself: I just think it's pretty poor form to be complaining about Huggies so much on a message board that's provided by Huggies!

I know it's marketing on their part to provide it, but I for one am grateful and I also think they do have a far superior nappy product.

PS - to the moderator, I do apologise if my previous msg where I said that I use cloth was seen as 'promoting other nappy systems'?! I was actually trying to stick up for Huggies.
Posted by: Luminosity
I have been having to change my daughter's entire outfit about 4- 5 times a day due to her Huggies nappies leaking. Not to mention that her poo stains her clothes and I am suddenly left with few clothes in which to dress her which do NOT have stains.

I emailed Huggies to let them know I wasn't happy and haven't been afforded a reply.

I am about to switch to another brand...I've had enough!

Hi there,

Thanks again for your feedback on our Huggies nappies. It is concerning for us that your email to our Customer Advisory Team did not receive a response. So I did follow up on this, and unfortunately we have no record of receiving your enquiry. I am wondering if it is possible that you submitted your email to our General Feedback area, which states on the website that we do not respond to emails that come through this particular area?

If not, I would still encourage you to again lodge your complaint with our Customer Advisory Service, under 'I have an enquiry about Huggies products', as feedback from our customers is very important to us and will be registered and forwarded to management.

Kind regards,
Alison
Huggies Forum Moderator
I used Huggies a few times and I find that when she does a poo it goes all up her back - its very annoying. So I switched to Snuggles. Its better because its the right size for her and I havent had any leakage problems. I've brought huggies a few times when on special and always having the poo problem but never with Snugglers.
For her night time nappy change, we put a nappy liner. No real need for it but helps a bit and I got a heap of them - coles had a clearance on it - 50 cents a box of 100.

I dont have a problem with huggies. As soon as DS leaks through, i go up a size. He never makes it to the weight on the box....ie. He is in toddler nappies...which are 10 - 15 kgs. According to weight...he should be in crawlers. But leaks in crawlers. Has NEVER leaked in toddler. I dont even change his nappy at night. He is dry in the morning, evben though he has a full nappy.

Im supprised it let you post that lol
I dont like them I find them extremly narrow, I miss (other brand) wish we could get them here.
Im still looking for the right nappy over here for my daughter
[Edited on 02/01/2008 by Alison]

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Posted by: NSAF14
Sorry, I can't help myself: I just think it's pretty poor form to be complaining about Huggies so much on a message board that's provided by Huggies!

I know it's marketing on their part to provide it, but I for one am grateful and I also think they do have a far superior nappy product.

PS - to the moderator, I do apologise if my previous msg where I said that I use cloth was seen as 'promoting other nappy systems'?! I was actually trying to stick up for Huggies.

I totally agree! I think it's really rude to be complaining about a product on the company's website when you are obviously happy using it for all the great information they provide and the oportunity to chat with other mums.
Go use another brand if you want but why not try giving constructive criticism through the appropriate channels.

Sign in to follow this topic