Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Great for nappy rash and sore, red little bottoms

Great for nappy rash and sore, red little bottoms Rss

Hi everyone,

I have tried many "nappy rash" creams, ointments and powders but I nothing I have used will ever beat UNGVITA. It's a vitamin A ointment and it is BRILLIANT. It seems to give them instant relief and works very quickly. You will notice a difference with the next bum change.
It's worth a try!! I use it on my 17 m.o and my newborn.

TJ, NSW

my mum also says ungvita is the best ointment to use she says that is all she ever used to use do you buy it in a tube or in a tin? i have looked for it before but cant seem to see it mum said u buy it in a little tin thing how much does it cost?
Hi Nat,

I buy it in a 50g tube (which is packaged in a box) from the chemist. It costs about $13-. I didn't know it came in a tin.

TJ, NSW

yeah they cant make it i a tin anymore mum said she used to always buy it in a tin but that was years ago now thanx for the info
Not a problem. Glad I could help. It really is great stuff.

TJ, NSW

Hi all, if Hamish gets a little red I put PawPaw cream on it - same with bites and burns works wonders - you can buy it at the chemist in a red container.

Hope it helps:)

Deb

Deb, Edmonton, Hamish 26/03/03 Toby 16/03/05

I found Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream was great. It comes in a white and blue tube, and I found I had to get my chemist to order it in. It is actually french, and I only found out about it as it was one of the samples in the Bounty pack. I tried the Karicare stuff, but it was just too watery and made things worse.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi,

This just bought up my memories! Ungvita was always my special cream when i was i kid! Whenever i hurt my self that was the cream that came out!!

Another great treatment, when nothing else works is Canasten! Quite expensive, in comparisan to other creams, but it works wonders!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Just to let you know, Ungvita comes in both a cream and an ointment, to find out which one is best for you "ask your pharmasist"!

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

well i use corn flour.

its inexpensive and works wonders.

it dont cause irritation, allergies or anything its cheap and affective.

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi Narelle,

I have heard of cornflour lots of times! I haven't actually tried it myself, but lots of 50ish people tell me about it. It must have been a trend in their time and it has lived on!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi TJay,

I have used UNGVITA too and found it to be great for nappy rash and dribble rash too. It is an all round product that can be used on scratches and cuts too.

Michelle
Sign in to follow this topic