Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. i cant get over she did it

i cant get over she did it Lock Rss

hello all
well i really need to get this out its been getting to me for a few weeks so here goes
my partners sisters wedding was a few weeks ago i was happily sitting eating my desert when my partners mum was talking to one of the family friend as the family friend turned and said
"oh look i think he would love some ice cream (to my son)" i looked up and said NO he doesnt like anything sweet so my guess is he will not like it and i dont really want him to have any at this age! then to my shock my partners mum after hearing me say this she takes out my sons dummy and puts it in her ice cream!!!!

one thing i have been told not to put anything sweet on the dummy! grr she knows i dont like it i have told her so many times and now she finally did it ! grrr ..
peter my son pulled a face he wasnt to happy with the sweet ice cream but the the worse of it all happened next ..!! he started crying so i went and got the dummy washed by boiling water cooled it and gave it to him well he screamed to high heavens and pushed it away !!! i re washed it over and over again hoping he would take it all night he wouldnt take that dummy he was turned off it all night he was crying for it...

it ended up being a hard night! he got so tired as he will not sleep without it so me trying to get him to sleep in the pram WITHOUT the dummy was not working i got a taxi home with peter and left my partner there as he was happily drinking.. it makes me so angry thinking about it still she heard me say it, she knows not to do it!

after all that we did get there in the end and had a good sleep. it would be good if they realise that i know my child alot better then anyone else!

mum of peter 25/12/04

All I can say is I can't get over she did it as well !!! What is wrong with these people, my gosh, come on - where is the respect !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Ali,

I can totally relate to you, I envy the ladies who can say they have no trouble with their MIL!! I don't understand why they can't just butt out!! They think they know better than we do because they've done it before! OK, experience is one thing, but I read and researched so much on pregnancy and babies while I was pregnant so I wasn't left wondering 'what the' 24/7, and if I didn't know, I'd call the nurse!
My MIL thinks she knows better than the nurses and midwives I've been taking advice from since my son was born!
Hello!! She's had three kids and the midwives have had formal training and delt with hundreds if not thousands of kids!! Unbelievable!!

Way to undermine our confidence MIL's of the world! I am determined not to do that to my son's wife when he grows up!!

Sad thing is, I wonder if they said the same thing all those years ago...

Chin up Ladies, chances are we'll outlive the meddlers!!

Best wishes,

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

I can appreciate your problem. My DD inherited her peanut allergy from DH. Wait til child is older and the spoon goes in mouth. It would be good if spewed over offender however problems for kid not worth it.
My MIL chain smokes. It sets off the eczema and asthma. My DH thought his eczema improved when he moved out of his parents because he was away from the dogs in the house. She actually thought him puking nuts was all in his head and used to slip it in his food. I know best for my kids, as I'm sure you do for yours, but there are some Mums out there that just do not deserve their kids.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Ok. It happened again. I seems like whenever I go anywhere near the outlaws.... oops sorry, inlaws it is the same old thing. I'm sure they think I hover over my DS like a mother hen just making sure they don't do anything!
Today, DH asked me to go and buy some ice as we were helping his brother paint his new house. All DH's family was there, and I was gone only 20mins. I come back and DH's grandmother was feeding our son a chocolate icecream! I went off and she replied 'it's only a little bit'
The last time she did that, he bounced off the walls til 1am and I told her never to do it again, it was too much sugar. Of course, since I'm his mum, I wouldn't know what I'm doing so she thought she'd help. Then of course, he wanted more, and she said to him 'Nope, sorry. MUMMY SAID YOU CAN'T' yeah that's it, make me out to be the baddy.
WHY CAN'T THEY LISTEN????
His grandmother forgets she let slip one day that she did the same thing to her sister, who didn't want her son eating chocolate etc too young. He was about 7 months old and DH's grandmother unwrapped a whole block of chocolate and just handed it to him. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I hate how they just decide they know better and completely disregard your instructions.

Sorry for the ranting and raving... it just get's me so mad!!

Thanks for that vent....

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Sign in to follow this topic