Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. I wish I was told that !!!

I wish I was told that !!! Lock Rss

In looking back over the last 6 months there are so many things I wish I was told before having a baby. It was fun learning as I went along, but it could have made things a bit easier - if you know what I mean. I would love to hear what other mums may have wish they were told - could be a bit of a giggle !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I always thought (older)babies would sit in a cot or playpen and play with toys and keep themselves amused but...not my kids they are forever wanting mums attention!

mum of 2

I wish someone had mentioned what a waste of money some "essential" baby things would be.

1. Snuggle bed: We used one for 3 weeks and Olivia hated it - probably since it was soooo lumpy, so she went straight into her cot after that (and she slept beautifully)

2. baby monitors for 2 reasons:- we live in a 3 level house and i can hear olivia cry when i'm on the top level and she's in her bedroom on the bottom level; and secondly the monitor kept picking up all the traffic noise (she's in the front room) so we never got any sleep anyway

Never mind. I'm sure I would have been distressed had i not bought them to begin with
Susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

hi all,
i wish i knew that i would have to take care of three babies instead of 2 when dh is not feeling well!

but i always knew that i would have the time of my life when my beautiful boys were born!!! smile

Amina, mum of 3 boys 06/03, 03/05, 06/08

I wish someone told me how depressed you can get and feel afterwards and also that varicose veins get worse with every pregnancy!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

i wish i'd been told about disposable nappy units when my older kids were born. they're great, no smell at all.

hi. i agree about the depression thing, i wish someone had told me that the happiest time in my life can also be the sadest sometimes and thats OK instead of feeling the guilt. Also a baby monitor in a unit is pretty usless considering how loud crying can be.

Kristi

Kristi, mum to Jordy 23-06-05

I wish i was told how much and quickly a baby grows. My 15 week and 5 day old is in 0 shirts and 00 pants for length but not waist!!

Tracey,NSW

I wish i was told that being a mum can be the most isolating job you can have, even though a very large percentage of the female population is also doing the same job.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

And also it's ok if you don't immediately bond with your baby, it'll come in the end.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Baby monitors aren't necessary - you WILL hear the baby cry when it needs you!

Baby's need to put to sleep... you can't just 'dump' them in the cot!

Pack your freezer with as many frozen healthy meals as it will fit...

Buy some formula and bottles *just in case* breast feeding doesn't work (or you have to do supply line feeding)

Baby's cry - sometimes there is nothing you can do except hold them.... it doesn't mean you are doing something wrong or a bad mum/dad!!!

Jo, SA, Dylan born Dec 05

I agree with you it would of made it abit easier and I have learnt alot after Jaye was born and what to do but it was scarey at the same time in case I was doing it wrong.

I can fun at things that I have done and wonder why I did that way instead of another way but we work it out.

HA HA HA HA HA

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic