Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Washing powder - allergies

Washing powder - allergies Lock Rss

hi there,

Can anyone recommend a good washing powder for front loader machine? My bub seems to have a reaction which I'm pretty sure must be the powder after ruling out other things. She gets this horrible crusty red rash that looks like ecsema (sp?) but she doesnt seem to be itchy. The rash comes in patches on legs, arms, face, lower back, hands and feet.

Thanks so much ...
Sherri

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

my son had the same prob i wasnt able to find a sensitive washing powder for a front loader so i used one for a top loader, it still didint help so took him to the doc and found it was ecema was prescribed some cream and it helped. my son didntseem to be itchy either but it turned out to be ecema, so it might be worth having it checked out, goodluck finding a washing powder for front loaders, i couldnt find one but surely there has to be one out there!

Sarah and Kai almost 1year 6 teeth and walking

Hi ellabear,i only ever use am-o-lin,its in a blue bottle or purity,its in a light blue bottle.I wash all of bubs things in it and she has never had a rash.I buy it from coles or woolies or action.Hope this helps,josie
My DH & DD1 have eczema. Luckily (and I use that word with caution) my sister was with Amway. We use the SA8 product. The basic one. I have a top loader but the box says its good for front too. I have found that liquid stuff, no matter the brand, ALWAYS makes a reaction. For me too and I don't have the eczema.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Hi,
My little one had the same problem/exactly the same rash. We then reduced the amount of detergent used, within two weeks he's much better. the best brand is cold power and the worst is spree.

Sally VIC

Hi there
I have been using Lux flakes and also Napisan.
They can be a little costly but do the job and are effective.
My boy does not seem to react to either.I believe they are designed for the sensitive and the young ones.
Sign in to follow this topic