Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. babies travelling by plane?

babies travelling by plane? Lock Rss

hi

i am a first time mum with a 6 week old baby, can any one tell me their experiences travelling by plane? how it went? what to do with their ears???

please help need advice
I don't know from experience but have noticed that whenever a baby is on a plane their ears do not bother them at all.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Hi Renee,

My names Jackie and i have an 11month old daughter Charli. We are going overseas in Dec and a wonderful lady sent me some info via email. If you email me at cutie_charli_11@yahoo.com.au i will foward it on to you. Not only is there some good advice there is also some other experiences from other parents.

Hope to hear from you soon

Jac & Charli
Hi Renee

We've just come back from a 4 week holiday in Europe with our 11 month old daughter. I was absolutely dreading the 22 hour flight - no stopover on the way to the UK - but she was absolutely fine. She had no problems with her ears, although we did have my boob and a bottle with water at the ready just in case. The only problem was trying to breastfeed in an airline seat, but I eventually got the hang of that (you just have to have the baby at the right angle - kind of wrapped around you!).

If you need any tips on what to pack or what the airline provides etc., just post a reply and I'll gladly answer. Whereabouts are you off to?

Nicola
i went to tazzie with bubby when he was 3 1/2months old! he was fine. I gave him a drink on the plane just water with sugar in it. And he drank the whole thing - which he had never done before! but it gets hot in a plane remember! so dont forget them being hot also.

On the way back home in the plane he was a little sookie going down because the weather was terrible. so the worse the weather, i have heard the worse they are!

Hope this helps.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi everyone my daughter had her first traveled on a plane when she was about 6 months old and we went down to Sydney for Christmas last year and Jaye went excellent with the plane and me on the hand couldnt wait to get off the plane and put my feet on the ground, (hate the highs big time).

When we went up in the air I put Jaye on the breast and she had a feed while in the sky and that keep her happy for the whole trip.

Good luck with the whole thing.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic