Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nuk Dummies - Danger Lock Rss

Hi All,

I just read in a choice magazine (October 05 issue)that there is a danger with Nuk Dummies (Starlight Silicone Soother). There were a couple of reports of babies being able to put the whole dummy (shield and teat) into their mouths and one baby was choking on it when his mum went in to check on him! He was in bed for the night too! Lucky she went and checked!

My DS loves these dummies (he hates the cherry shaped dummies, only likes the ortho shape) and just the other day he started putting the shield in his mouth as well! I loved these dummies too because he often sleeps on his stomach (he has since he could roll over) and these sit flat on his face so it doesn't dig in.

Can anyone recommend an ortho shaped teat dummy that has a largish shield? I just don't want to risk him choking.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

When DD was first born I got her MAM silicone ortho dummies (I got them from target and I think safeway also stocks them - about $6 ea), they have a shield shaped like a butterfly's wings and a little 'button' in the middle instead of a ring. I ended up swapping to the cherry shaped ones cos the teat is flat and oval shaped and when she was about a month old she would chomp down on it and it would fly out of her mouth, although it might not be such a problem if your son sleeps on his tummy. I'm not sure if the whole thing would fit in their mouth - I don't think so, but you could take the NUK one with you and compare sizes. I had read where the MAM ones are good because they don't have a ring to get their fingers caught in and pull it out of their mouth, but we had other problems!!! Plus that's not such an issue if they are older because they have more hand coordination instead of them just flying all over the place!

thanks for the warning!!!
i have a few friends that keep use nuk brand dummies. I will have to let them know!
Cant believe they are still selling them, if they are a choking hazard.
thanks...

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Do you know if it is all of the nuk dummies or just the starlight silicone soother that you mentioned?

Sarah and Kai almost 1year 6 teeth and walking

Sign in to follow this topic