Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Nappies at night Rss

Hi, my little boy finally started sleeping through the night with out a bottle. My new distress is that in the mornings he has soaked through his nappy and pj's. I use Huggies nappies. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get through the night without a nappy change??

Deena NZ New mum

Hi,
I'm sorry I don't really have any info for you, but just a question actually. Do you change his nappy just before bedtime? I change my son at about 10:00pm then he sleeps and when he wakes up at about 8:00am (give or take an hour or so), he has a very wet nappy but it hasn't soaked through! I too use huggies!! How long does your son sleep for?

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

I am the same as brandons_mum. I change my little girl before she goes to bed at about 9pm and when she wakes at 7am (or later) she is the same - wet nappy, but not soaked. I also use Huggies.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Hi,

My son has just started sleeping throught the night - from approx 7pm - 5.30am. He occassionally gets wet, but not much and most days he doesn't get wet at all. He definitely has a very wet nappy by the morning.

Sam

Mum to toddler

i had the same problem with snuggler nappies, but ive found that huggies really are the best. my daughter sleeps for around 11hrs a night and i have never had a problem with huggies nappies. they too are very wet but they have never soaked through unless she has soiled the nappy then they do soak through.

the only suggestion i have is to make sure the nappy is on prorerly around the thighs and bottom, because if those leak guards arnt in place then they definetly will leak!!

Cheryl,SA,Danika born 24.10.03 Matthew born 5.3.05

My little boy goes to bed at 7pm - and sleeps to between 6-7am. How do you keep them up any later?? He is a nightmare at night and around 7pm needs to have his last bottle and go to bed. He is 8 months old. He doesn't sleep much during the day though. I have tried going up to the next nappy size and this seems to be during the trick. I found someone else with the same problem in the sleep and settling catagory and someone replied and said maybe the nappy is getting too small. Thanks for the replies.

Deena NZ New mum

hi i had the same problem with my eldest child when she was in nappies and found that using a cheap brand sanitary pad in the nappy of a night time worked wonders

Carlie, 3 girls 12/02/98,05/08/03 & 06/08/05

this might sound a bit silly. but are the nappies a good fit?
we went up a size with my daughter and ever since we used the next size up she doesnt get wet anymore. u could try a bigger one just for the night time.??????????

just a thought anyway.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hey chelby!! I don't think that sounded at all silly!! In fact it is a very legitimate question! I find the 'Kg' suggestions on the nappy packets are really not a PERFECT guide to follow!! My son started using the 6-11Kg when he was just over 6Kg because the 4-8Kg were already too small!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

You're right,
Myself and a friend have found that when you get about half way in the weight category, you need to go a size up.
I'm contemplating moving up a size now as my son got wet last night but I find they leak at times on the side (the bit where the straps are that you fasten). Not sure why or how considering I make sure they're on properly!
Also, i find it daunting to go up a size when he's only 5 and a half months old, 8.5kg and I'd need to go up to the toddler size!!! Makes him sound like he's some big fat kid when he's not sad

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

I've been thinking about tis nappie issue and this is what i came up with:

2 babies one is long and skinny and the other is shorter and fatter but the both weigh the same, and are the same age.

the fatter one needs the bigger nappy as it has to go further around the tummy where as the skinnier baby isnt as round.
Hope this makes sense to everyone.
my daughter is a little fatty smile but shes only 7.5kg and already the 6-11kg size nappies are looking a bit tight.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

I have noticed too that the 6 - 11 kg nappies don't fit my little man very well (he is 8.5kg at 8 mths). I recently brought a big packet of them!! If I went to the next size up will it be to big on him? Also will they leak being bigger?? Oh the problems we face as mummy's lol grin

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Sign in to follow this topic