Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. How do I stop my 11mth old biting me? Help!

How do I stop my 11mth old biting me? Help! Lock Rss

Hi All,

My DS is almost 12months old and for the last couple of weeks he has been biting my clothes and the lounge, at first it was when he was pulling himself up. He uses his hands arms and legs to do it but for some reason he feels the need to use his teeth to grab on too!
He cruises everywhere now but he has lately when biting my top for example, bitten through to my skin! I yelp of course because he has eight teeth which hurt when they pinch through the clothes. He thinks this is funny.
My problem is I find it hard not to yelp because it is an instant reaction to the pain. How do I stop him doing this?

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

you are right, about it being an instant reaction to yelp when they bite! my 9month old bites all the time, i started using the word "STOP" and then diverting his concerntration to something else pretty much straight away.

I know people always say dont bite them back because they dont learn. Well i dont know if its true or not - but one time i bit him back and since then he never bit me! but he still does bit other people and the table, and the controllers, and the chair etc! he bites everything!

goodluck

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic