Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. ice for baby bumps - how to get them to sit still?

ice for baby bumps - how to get them to sit still? Lock Rss

ok - so i feel so BAD that my bubba has bumped his head so many times. He keeps getting to eager to stand up! now that he is crawling, he will go any where and stand up once he gets to where he wants to be! a couple of times he has fallen and bumped his head - not that i can really do anything about it because it happens on accident.

This morning he did it in the door frame on the corner of it! the scream was horrific! and i ran straight there and cuddled him and could see an instant bruise! so i went for the ice as soon as a lump started coming up also. OHHH MY poor baby i was saying. I got the ice on for like 10 seconds then he just wanted to pull at it, and push it away, then struggling with me and kicking and screaming more than before because he didnt want it.

I keept persisting, i gave him a frozen bean from the bag to keep him occupied, but it still didnt seem to help. I really hope he doesnt come up in a massive lump now. We have christmas party to go to and his grandpa is coming over from sydney for a visit! they all going to be asking questions...

so my question is, how do you ice a bump or bruise? how do you get the ice pack to stay there with out them fiddling? any suggestions. because this isnt the first time, and im sure its not going to be the last.

Leia

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Try playing a game where you pretend you have bumped you head and put the ice pack on your head then repeat it on your bub. I find they fuss if you leave it on more then a few seconds so place it on and off quickly but keep repeating the process. The trick is to keep it fun.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic