Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Flat head!! Lock Rss

The back of kais head is very flat from the way he was laying in my tummy and i was just wondering what other people have found that helps correct this problem

[URL="http://tinypic.com/flek.php?f=o6a69g&s=2&qu...

Hi Melb Mum,

My son Kai was starting to get a flat head after a couple of weeks from laying the same way in bed, so I asked my CHN and she said I had to gently turn his head to face the other way sometimes so he gets time in all different positions. It didn't take long, it fixed itself in a few weeks. Their skull is still soft and moving so this happens so easily.

Hope this helps?

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

We were warned about this early in our parenting class which was handy. I got a mirror toy for my DDs cot and use to switch which side it was on every couple of days. Worked like a charm, although now taken it out as she rolls over to play with it. She naturally moves her head to different positions now so no flat spots. Best of luck !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

So much pressure from sids to place your baby on there back to sleep. as a new mum who had nothing to do with little kids before we took fearful notice. now my baby had a fantastic habbit of sleeping on her back, if i put her on her side she just rolls onto her back. oh yes very sids safe... but now she has a HUGE flat spot on the back of her head. does anyone know if it will correct itself when she gets more mobile, or have any ideas for correction? she is 4 and 1/2 months. play time is mostly on her tummy and she is on her side at the breast etc... it's just the sleeping

new2this

you can buy those special pillows that curve around bubs head and its much easier to roll the head every few hours - side, to , side.
Have a look in baby shops or even Target.

goodluck

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

My baby also had a flat head and not much hair to hide it. We tried to turn her head so that it faced the other way but she always went back to her normal position so my husband put a blanket under the flat side of her head until we went to bed. As she was slepping by then she eventually stayed that way all night. We also approached her from the other direction so that she would have to turn to the other side to see us. Our doctor also recommended to roll up a towel and put it in a horseshoe shape around her head to hold it in the one position. Her head has improved and now she has hair so that it is not as visible as it once was.

ayla (4 months), jordan(4yrs), maddys(7yrs)

Sign in to follow this topic