Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Good tips for holidaying - any suggestions!

Good tips for holidaying - any suggestions! Lock Rss

Hi everyone. In two weeks we are travelling to the coast for a holiday (YAY!!). It's the first time we will be in a unit for an extended amount of time rather than family/friends who have heaps of baby things. What do others recommend I take for the car trip, unit facilities, food, sterilizing etc. I have found sterilizing bags produced by pigeon which can be used in the microwave up to 20 times. I'm also thinking of spending the money and buying the motherly cubes of baby food rather than cooking my own. They are the only 'packaged' baby food that doesn't seem to be primarily water. Would love to hear what other tips you have to make the holiday less stressful, the car less packed and the mum relaxed!!!

Ange

hi! i am about to go on holiday too. In a caravan at the same aprk as every year. I ahve a 15 mth old and a 3 month old. I am yet tpo learn how to make it easier. lol so i will be wtching for tips too

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

We drove from melbourne to cairns recently-not a holiday as we did it in 4 days with three kids! I don't sterilise my babies bottles anymore, i just give them a good scrub and fill with boiled water. It's been about a month now with no ill effects. Food wise you can give him what you have-you can mush vegies with a fork and shred meat, toast is easy, pasta, try the apple and oatmeal farex too, it says from 9 months but mine have all had it from 7 months no worries, it's very mushy. Fruit too, mine love chewing on orange slices, banana, watermelon etc, they have learnt to eat whatever is thrown to them! Portacot is always good, but when we had one baby and no cot we would pull a single mattress onto the floor and surround it with blankets in case she rolled off, she never did surprisingly. If you don't have a compact stroller i'd advise to get one, they take up no room and are fantastic in crowded places. Other than that all i can think of is sunscreen and hat, and baby mozzie repellant. Have a good holiday, lucky you, i'll add more if i remember anything useful.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic