Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Demazin? Rss

hi all well my daughter has got a really bad cold this is the second one in a month she has a horrible runny nose she only seems to get them when badly teething do you think this could be the cause?a few people have told me to try demazin it can help clear the nose and makes the cold not so horrible for them i am just wondering if anyone else has used it? and did it work? and at what age can you start using it? any help would be greatly appriciated thanks.
hi,

I used Demazin when my son was about 6 months old. I think it is great stuff, it really takes the worst out of the colds symptoms. I only used it for a day and he improved from that!

They do have doses for under 6 months but it is recommended only with Drs advice at that age.

I hope things get better soon,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi tepe thanx for the advice my daughter is neally 11 mths so it shouldnt be a problem have you ever tryed dymatap? my sis inlaw said it is also good?
Probably just as good, but i have not tried the infant version. I have used it with my daughter that is 2.5, and same result, takes away the nastiness,

Take care and goodluck,

Tepe

Hi,
I have twin boys 13mths now and I have used Demazin for colds for both of them. I found it really does help stop the runny nose which is particularly helpful at night time. I spoke to the Pharmacist when I purchased it the first time and she said it is important to try and clear up runny noses to prevent it turning into a chest cold. So when I know the boys have a cold and a runny nose I use the Demazin straight away and so far it has helped clear it up in 3-4 days (using the recommended doses). I think if you use it you will see that it will help relieve the symptoms for your daughter. But if you're not sure you should go and see the Doctor for their advice.

Hope your little one is feeling better
Justine

justine, VIC, twins boys

Hi,

I just want to back up what justine just said! That is what i was also told from the Dr, as the cold can turn into an infection, either the chest or ear!

If it doesn't have much affect, then it is time to see your Dr!

Tepe

well just wanted to update that i brought some dimetap yesterday and i gave her a dose last night and it really cleared her nose so she could sleep alot better.well last time my daughter had a cold she did get an ear infection from it so thats why this time i wanted to give her something to help clear it up abit thanx guys for the advice and help.
Hi again,

That's great news to her things are getting better! smile

I don't think i have ever fully dosed my children with the recommened amounts! I usually only use it at night and only in the morning if they are real sick!

I hope she is better in no time!

Tepe

hi tepe how r you? well i am only giving her one dose at night time and last night she slept right through the first time in ages so i was toked to get a nights sleep.
how old are you 2 lil ones?
Hi,

I have a 12 month old boy, & he has already had several colds, that all seem to coincide with teeth popping up!! I have found that Dimetapp Infant Drops is a wonder worker. I had him to the docs one day & she (being a new mum herself!) recommended them to me. They are fantastic, especially at night, they enable your baby to sleep well without being stuffed up & "snotty", if you know what I mean!!! On the box it has recommended doasge from 1 month old, so they are completely safe. You can also use Panadol at the same time if necessary, as I have recently found out. I definitely recommend you try them & I hope you have as much success as I have.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hiya,

So glad to hear that your daughter is getting better and sleeping better for you!

My kidlets are 2 and 8 months, a beautiful girl, and 9 months old, my little man!

Things have turned a corner for me, and my children are allowing me to do so much more!

Take care,
Tepe

hi tepe how u doing? what are your kids names? my daughters name is caprice
Sign in to follow this topic