Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. thinks he is starving- so he has a fit?

thinks he is starving- so he has a fit? Rss

Does anyone have a baby that will scream and almost have a tantrum because they want food and they want it now? My man is 8 mths old and since he was a few mths old will just scream and cry until he is fed! It just comes out of the blue, regardless of where we are. He can see me make the bottle but he will just go on screaming, and as soon as it hits his mouth there is silence.
It is really just bizzare!
He has regular feeds at the sametime every day and as soon as it is getting close to that time .... (He is getting more than enough food so it not that)
Has anyone else experienced this?

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

My 9 month old son has a 'fit' everytime he finishes his solid meals - he eats heaps so there is no way he could still be hungry. If I put him in the highchair before I have his food ready he does the same. As soon as the bowl and spoon in the sink and he can't see them he's OK. Now I always have a rusk or some fruit on hand and that seems to calm him straight away. I guess they just love their food smile !!!

Jasmine
Hi, my 4 month old daughter does the same, from the day she was born, she would scream and scream until she gets her bottle but she would never finishes it. And she is very on time too. every 4 hours, if i try and give it to her 30 min early she would refuses and wait until it's her feeding time. I would usually have to drop everything and have to feed her.

nsw, baby girl 15/11/03

My baby boy does the same thing. He cries and cries when he is ready for breastmilk. There is very little lead up. He is happy and contented and then suddenly he is crying inconsolably until he gets milk. His cry is very loud aswell. I guess that's just the way he is. I haven't started him on solids yet so I'm not sure how he'll be when he wants solids.

SA, 2 boys

Sign in to follow this topic