Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Routine help please Lock Rss

hi, i have a 5 month old baby girl, who i just cant seem to get in a rountine as i am always taking my eldest to preschool to mornings a week, soon to be three and having to do groceries etc. How can i get her into a rountine when we are out and about so much. need loads of suggestions please
Hi there,

Just thought I would let you know of the routine I have used with bub since about 1 month of age. She is 4 1/2 months now. Not too sure it if would be suitable for you but it has worked really well for me. My bub is bottle fed and feeding times are at 6:30am, 10:30am, 2:30pm, 6:30pm, 10:30pm and she sleeps through. I usually bath her at 6pm. She usually sits up for an hour to an hour and a half after each bottle and then goes to bed, usually till the next bottle.

If I have to do anything during the day like go to the shops etc, I let her bottle go down and then go. By the time we get home she is ready for bed.

If you are breastfeeding, I have no idea hehe...sorry.

hi there, i understand where you are coming from as i'm quite social thru the week. My lil one is 6 months tomorrow.
our routine at home is: She wakes, i give her some solids, we play- 2hours after wake up she's ready for bed again, so i give her a bottle just before putting her down. when she wakes up i repeat. she will usually end up will 2 x 2hour sleeps....which is plenty for her, as sleep goes to bed at night at 6pmish.
Usually that first sleep falls at 9am (we don't go on specific times just the whole 2 hour rule)
If we are going out, i usually try if possible to go after her first wake up (so 11ish) or before she goes down for her first sleep. if not she just sleeps in the car or pram, but when we get home, i will usually try and put her down for a nap.

I really didn't want a strick day routine with her, as i want to still be able to go out to lunch with friends or things like that, and livvy isn't too bad usually smile

hi, i have a 9year old and 8 year old twins that i was strict with in regards to a routine. we now have a 'surprise' baby that is 6mths old. i stressed so much whilst preggers on how i would get her into a routine now that I had 3 boys to take/pick up from school, do the weekly shopping and not to mention that I also had to attend school activities too. Guess what? now that i have her let her dictate when she wants to sleep etc, I am a much calmer and better mum. She has learnt that if shes tired she has to sleep in her pram and she is an absolute blessing. Dont know if this is just a miracle but if i had my time over again with the boys i would definatly let me choose their own time each day. Hope that puts your mind at ease.
Sign in to follow this topic