Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR STAIN REMOVERS FOR KIDS CLOTHES

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR STAIN REMOVERS FOR KIDS CLOTHES Rss

hi guys my lil girl sure makes a mess when eating and when she pulls her bibs off, her clothes suffer ....ha ha ....Anyway what can i use to get rid of the stains on her t shirts????? Ive tried a few and nothing has worked. (pasta sauce is a real hard one to get out!!!) anyways can any mums suggest anything that has worked for them would save me some $$$ thanks kylie smile

kylie (30) from munno para

I am using The Napisan Oxyaction detergent and soaking the clothes in that before I wash them. It has been working great! The only thing is that it is quite pricey!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi Tezagiggles,

With tomato stains, after washing the item leave in the sun to dry. Tomato is suppose to fade in sunlight.

Another suggestion, always have a bucket with nappy san in it (or something similar). Put soiled clothes in straight away. I find the longer i take to wash them the more stubborn the stain becomes.

Have you tried the nappysan soap bar, i find it great when i get to the scrubbing stage of getting out stains.

Goodluck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I can't believe how badly banana stains clothes! Has anyone got any suggestions to remove them? Jen

Jen, 42, first baby!

Hello Everyone, One of the best things I have found is the Preen OxyAction. The add says you can see the stain disappear before your eye's, this has happen for a few things. The other thing I find that works well it to put a little of the washing powder or detergent on the stain and rub it in a little then add the rest in the wash.

Good luck!
Yeah thumbs up to preen oxyaction!

With banana stains I remove bib/clothes immediantly and soak in a bucket of napisan, then preen them & wash and it comes out.

mum of 1

thanks for all your comments ill certainly give preen oxyaction a try thanks guys !!!!! smile

Hi,

I'm off to buy some of this oxyaction too, can't believe i have been this far without it!!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi guys got preen oxy action worked a treat thanks for the tips smile

If you run out a good substitute is soaking in normal kitchen vinegar, my stepmum swears by it.

Samantha, Vic, Joel DOB 25.02.04

After my man has finished with his meals I scrub his bibs with sard wonder soap then soak in napisan, it's removed all of the stains esp pumpkin.
I can't help anymore with suggestions of stain removers but i saw some plasticish bibs with arms at kmart the other day.. so she wouldn't be able to pull it off (well hopefully she wouldn't) maybe give that a go? From memory they were about $10.. I'm going back to get a few for myself tomorrow!

Mel, Mummy to Krysta 07-04-04 and Chloe 10-11-06

Sign in to follow this topic