Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

travelling in car Rss

I am at my wits end with my 3 month old in the car.
He screams everytime you put him in the car seat and go somewhere even its 5 minutes. Nothing stops him unless you get him out of it. I have even turned the seat around before your supposed to but still the screaming. He gets so upset. its preventing me going out. any suggestions?

Sam, VIC

I find that music is great in the car, especially kids music. My baby is 9 weeks old and I have played music in the car for him since he was about 4 weeks old and it seems to calm him if he is crying or a little unsettled. I also have heaps of toys in the car hanging off windows, seats and his car seat, this seems to keep him occupied. I don't know what you have tried but this may help. Anyway good luck with it all.
my daughter used to do the same thing and we found out she had an upset stomach and sitting in the car seat caused her more pain. she used to scream everytime we were in the car and not stop until we got her out. we tried something called infants friend from the chemist and had no further problems. we travel a lot so this suited us. good luck

kaz, qld, girl 2, boy 4mths

My little one was very good in a car until one day and she started hollering every time she so much as saw the seat. We tried everything we could think of, even bring the seat out of the car, and trying to get her to accept it in a 'safe' place. We found out a week after this all began that she had a pulled muscle in the shoulder. A few days out of the car seat, lots of gentle massage, warm washers, and small trips in the car seat again, building it up seemed to work.

Beck,NSW,first baby

May I suggest bubs favorite soft toy to keep him company. I travel over an hour and half (thats one way) to the nearest city. I do this trip at least once a week as I am in the bush. To the local store it is a 40 minute round trip. She is generally happy all the way.
At 4 months she started grizzling a little and I felt that she was teething, sure enough, a week later she had two teeth come up at once. I have a few different toys in the car with her to keep her company, but she sleeps the majority of the time, on each trip. If she is awake I like to sing to her.
I also have made it so that I am not travelling between 11am and 2pm during the day. Even though there is air conditioning in the car, it is still too hot for her. Get someone to drive the car for you and sit in the back where your baby is. This way you can see if all the conditions are right for your baby. I noticed that even though the air con was on, she was not getting any cool air whatsoever because of the way the capsule is sitting. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Cristina, QLD, 6 mth old georgeous girl

My daughter use to cry at every red light or stop.
Maybe you could try some relaxing music in the stereo. And a favorite toy to keep him company.
Good luck Sarah.
Sign in to follow this topic