Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. How often do you wash baby's hair?

How often do you wash baby's hair? Rss

How often is necessary to wash a babys hair? Just curious to know how often other mums are washing bubs hair.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi JZ,

I shampoo my baby's hair every second day now that we're in winter. In summer I wet his hair every day, but don't shampoo it everyday, only every second.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi

I wash my 6.5 mth old daughter's hair everyday.

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

hi every time my 5 mth old has a bath i wash his hair, which is most days. every now and again he will go a day without a bath but i always wash his hair when hes in there. i wash him with baby milk bath and i also use this on his hair

kylie

I wet my 10mth old son's hair everynight but only wash it about 3 times a week, otherwise he's scalp gets too dry.

Jean....

Jean, Qld, Ethan 14/8/03

Hiya,

My son is 1 now, but still has hardly any hair! I only wash his hair every 3rd or 4th day, but wet it most nights when i wash his face!

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi JZ,

I wash my 18 month old daughter's hair every second day... unless it gets noticably dirty. I find washing it every day leaves her scalp a little dry. In summer I wet her hair every bath time, but in winter I only wet it when I wash it.

Michelle.
Hi JZ,

I use to wash my little girls hair everday but now we are into winter we do it every couple or every 3 days depends on her skin as it has become very dry, so we normally just put her in the bath and with a little bit of bubble bath and let that wash her.
Hope this helps.

Robyn
Hiya everyone,
I had a laugh when reading this post. I don't have to worry about washing my bubs hair. She's nearly 14 months and still dosen't have any hair. She has a tiny bit of "bum fluff" on the back of her head, but that's it.
I've had quite a few kids come up to me and ask why have you shaved the baby's hair off!!!
It's quite funny, but I do wish she'd grow some to help heat her head in this freezing winter.
Have fun everyone.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

I wash Jack's hair every second day. He hates having his hair dried!

Jo

mum of 1

I wash Liam's head everytime he has a bath/shower which is every second day, unless he's gotten awfully dirty at tea time.
Although he doesn't have much his head still gets smelly if I leave it longer as he sweats out his head when he's asleep (but he's not overhot as I check his face and neck and they're only warm).
Kookymom
I know what you mean about a bald baby, my problem is that Liam has a large head so its harder for me to find a hat that fits properly. I've just settled on beanies as usually it fits the head size but is too big length wise or fits lengthwise and is too small circumfrance wise. He's always had a huge head though so I'm getting used to it.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Chukkas. I totally relate to the large smelly head syndrome. Im used to it now and like it in a strange way as it is my little boy's own personal smell. In summer his head slightly stains the bed sheet just like his daddy!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic