Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Your Parenting Tips Lock Rss

hi all
what did you look out for when getting a nappy bag?i know that they need the be well made and sturdy but thats about all. also what do you look for buying a car seat. me and my partner are looking at getting a convertible carseat but im not sure what safty features adn such too look out for. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Hi Holz,
When looking for a nappy bag make sure that it fits well on your pram and will hold plenty. It also needs to be carried comfortably. I ended up with 3 nappy bags and am so glad I did. I used the small one for just a quick trip to the shops, The backpack one (terrific idea) for days out at shows park etc and my standard one for visiting friends etc - where facilities kitchen, bathroom etc were available. Yes it takes up space in the nursery and I had 4 of everything but I always had a bag packed and ready. Just a thought.
cant help with the car seat I'm afraid but speak to the people that sell them and ask their advice. ask at a few places so you can be sure their recommendations aren't based on price alone.
best of Luck.

Fiona, NSW

my recommendation for a baby bag is get one that hubby can carry too and not look silly with...
thanks for the tips.
at the rate we are aquiring baby gear baby is about to get a second room because the rooms in the house we are in does not have very big rooms.
thanks holz smile

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

I couldnt believe Mrs Commins. Leaving your baby to cry for an hour and a half is deplorable!
Mrs Commins have you ever pondered that your child may be teething or have wind or even a dirty nappy or even a fever. Had you even bothered to check?
And the earmuffs? Unbelievable!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi there everyone,

I found that making all my daughters bottles for the next day the night before helps save time during the day.

As she is on 3-4 bottles a day I make them all and when she needs them I heat them up. Also helps saves her crying and waiting when she gets up in the morning for a feed.

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

i agree with you ankie. i am a mother of twins and i found that if i made up my formual in bulk for the day and placed it in a sealed jug all i had to do was pour it into the bottles and heat. at the end of the day i would rinse the jug and fill it with miltons overnight. it saves a lot of time.

moni SA twin boys 17mnths

Hi Guys,
I agree! I have shaker that I bought from Tupperware and every night I make up formula with that. It makes it soooo much easier for me with a active little girl who likes her mummys attention!
My tip though is to listen to your heart as we have the hardest and most rewarding job there is.
No one knows your children like you do, what worked for your parents/friends might not work for you. I started off listening to everyone and trying to be supermum, I later realised that Brooke doesn't care whether every item in the house is in its place or that mummy hasn't got any make-up on!!!LOL
Oooh, just thought of another little tip - hope thats ok! I found that when buying baby wipes, buy the bulk 240 pack and put some in a zip lock bag for your handbag, car etc. That way I know I won't be stuck with none!

Take care everyone!!

Jade, single mum to Brooke Louise, 20/05/04

Would just like to forward some advice for anyone buying a baby car seat.
I got talked into spending an extra $100 on a model with a recliner feature for the safe and sound car seat.
I thought it would be great to lie my son back when He fell asleep and all I had to do was push a button.
To install a car seat firmly the recline action doesn't work. The seat has to be loose.
Plus I have found he sleeps fine in the seat without it being reclined.
Hope this info can help anyone from spending too much money as we bought a second seat today for $98. from BIG W instead of the $350 odd we bought the first for.
thanks
Hannah

Hannah, mum to Josh born 26/03/2004

Hannah,
It sounds like we have the same car seat. I found it to be great but i haven't used that function either for the same reason.
What I have noticed with it is that it has heaps more padding on it than some of the cheaper ones we looked at, plus it has 4 recline positions where most others only have 3. My son, even though he's 13 months old, is still in position 2 only slightly higher than newborn. Its fitted tightly and securly, but his head doesn't flop forward when he falls asleep in it. And he can still see plenty out the windows.
My next car seat will be one for 10kgs and up so the new bubs can have the comfy seat.
I have friends whose daughter has just turned 4 and its still in good condition and well padded.
Kristy

member since 2004

Forgot to say that the brand in question S and S also has a head support insert which most others don't. Although my son's fat head grew out of his very quickly.

member since 2004

Yeh it probably is a bit more padded than the one we just bought but the second one is for my husbands ute so won't get used as much. the new one did actually come with a newborn insert with head support though so it does have that extra bit of padding.
by the way, I am sure your son doesn't have a "fat head" I had to laugh when I read that!!

Hannah, mum to Josh born 26/03/2004

Sign in to follow this topic