Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Baby Modelling Lock Rss

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on putting babies into modelling.

I have a 3mnth old little girl and was looking at getting her into some modelling and photo stuff. I've been stopped and asked already if i would be interested as shes pretty photogenic and is aparently cute (although i think this cos im mum, tonnes of others say so too)

If anyone has agency suggestions for adelaide too i would be interested to hear them!

Thanks.

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Hi Anna-Lisse,
My 7 month old is super cute too (aren't they all, of course!), and my MIL asked me if I'd consider entering her in baby shows (I laughed cos I thought she was joking, but she was serious, oops), and she was talking a whole lot of nonsense to the baby one day about how she was going to grow up to be Miss New Zealand. A very enthusiastic grandmother, but it's not really the kind of thing I want for my daughter! I want her to grow up with great self-esteem of course, but I want that to come from her valuing the important qualities in herself - her personality, intelligence, skills, the way she treats other people, blah blah blah - not how she looks.

That being said, baby modelling is hardly comparable to the eating-disorder and class-A drug-ridden world of adult modelling, is it? I think there probably wouldn't be any harm in having your bub be the star of some baby clothes catalogues or commercials, that would be something neat for her to see in the future. Personally, I wouldn't have my daughter involved in anything like that once she's big enough to see what it's all about, but for a baby I can't see any harm.

I think these kinds of things are fine as long as we keep in mind the messages that we're sending to our kids about the importance of looks - we live in such a superficial world after all - but for a cute wee bub it would probably be lots of fun - all those adorable outfits!

Have a great day with your cute wee girl! smile

This new forum is strange ...

Hi Anna-Lisse

Not sure if you get the Adelaide's Child????
Here we get the Melbournes Child Magazine free and it has heaps of great stories, tips and advertising for companies in your state.

I've just looked on the internet and you do have that magazine you can also browse it online at www.adelaideschild.com.au.

Hope that helps.

Aneta,VIC, Tahlia 25/12/03 Tiyana 05/12/05

I have a daughter who is 10 months old and a thinking of putting her into modelling but I dont know how it works and where the agencys are in Brisbane.

Can anyone help?

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

You are obviously posting on here using multiple logins to promote this baby modeling agency...lol.

Ok sorry my bad smile

I've just seen so many people on here lately trying to advertise stuff.

Sorry.

Sign in to follow this topic