Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Any ideas for dribble rash ?

Any ideas for dribble rash ? Rss

Hi

My litle girl is 6 months and she has very bad dribble rash around her cheeks and chin. she also has a bad rash on her hand from sucking on it as she hates dummies. I have been trying Sorbelene cream several times a day but it is not doing anything if fact her skin is just getting drier and drier. Help

Annette

Annette WA mummy to Keisha 080304 & Thehan 200307

Hi Annette,

My daughter had this when she was younger & the chemist recommended Hydrozole. It cleared it up pretty quickly & is great for nappy rash too (apparantly!) I have just read on the tube that it is not to be used on under 2 year olds so that will be totally useless to you, unless the chemist okays it!!! Also have you tried Dermaid. That is good for any type of rashy thing. My son has a dry spot between his eyes & i use dermaid on this to clear it.

Just check with your chemist to see what they recommend for your little girls age.

Good luck & I hope I have been some kind of help.

Regards.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Annette, I to have a 6 mth old boy, he has the same problem at the moment. Ive tried Sorbelene with out much luck. But I did speak to my clinic sister and she advised to try some good old vaseline, apparently it should act as a barrier. Ill be giving it a go. Hope all goes well.

Julianne

Julianne, mum of 3 princes and 1 princess

Hi Annette,

Have you asked your doctor about it?
My nephew is a has always been a pretty bad dribbler & now @ 27 mths still is, his rash is actually eczema & the dribbling just irritates it further. The only thing that really helps his is hydrcortizone(?) cream which the doctors prescribes here, I just thought I would mention the eczema, as his tends to make his skin quite dry too & I feel for anyone with skin irritations as I still have eczema myself as an adult (though not from dribbling! wink ) so through experience I know how horrible it can be & moisture also tends to irritate the condition - if thats what it is.
I hope you manage to find a way to relieve the rash for the poor bub.

Good Luck
Arna

Arna & Paije (29/09/04)

Hi Julianne

I went to the chemist today and my luck the local health nurse was there. She looked at it saw that her hand was starting to become dermatitis. She gave me this Vitamin a ointment called Ungvita. It seems to be working already have applied twice and it seems to be looking better already. You can also use it on the face and it is safe if she sucks her hand. So far so good

Annette

Annette WA mummy to Keisha 080304 & Thehan 200307

i was just about to reccomend ungvita then i read the last post - its also good because i assume it tastes as bad as it smells so Bennett has kept his hand out of his mouth for a little while.

once they stop teething I'm sure it will cllear up (i hope so anyway!!)

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Steph,

My son too get dribble rash and we have used different things on it.

Paw Paw ointment is great and natural.
Cetaphil or QV if it tends to get a bit dry like eczema. Jordan does get eczema and sometimes I am not sure whether it is a bit of that or dribble rash.

Hope you find something that works.

Hi Annette,
My little boy dribbles so much and I was worried he's rash was getting so bad it would turn into a sore. The Sorborlene did nothing and I thought the citrus in the paw paw cream might aggrevate it so the chemist sells Sigamort (a mild quartorzone based cream). I use it when it gets really bad and in 1 day the rash is so much better after 2 days I go back to the Sorborlene.
Hope that's helpful.
Good luck

Samantha, Vic, Joel DOB 25.02.04

Hi,

A friends bub has this same problem. She uses Pawpaw ointment to help heal it and then smother's it repeatedly during the day with a barrier such as Amolin or Sudocream. That seams to work for him.

Hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this topic